Friday, Dec. 21
- Tony Pezzo will have his third annual indoor computerized Christmas Light show, with thousands of lights synchronized to music. Stop by the First Baptist Church of Oakville, 6741 Telegraph Road, 63129 at 7 p.m. on Dec. 21 and 22 to see the show. Free admission and free refreshments.
- The Crestwood Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane, 63126 will have a zumba fitness party from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Pre-register for $10 a person. Register the evening of the event for $15 a person. For more information call 314-729-4860.
- A jitterswing dance will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons start at 7 p.m. and dancing begins at 8 p.m.
- ZumbaGold dance exercises geared to older adults will be offered by the SAJE Senior Ministry from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. at St. Elizabeth of Hungary, 1420 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3 per class. For more information, call 314-822-4736.
- Gethsemane Lutheran Church, 765 Lemay Ferry Road, will offer open prayer sessions from 11 a.m. to noon Fridays, Mondays and Wednesdays.
Saturday, Dec. 22
- The International Folk Dance Association will sponsor folk dancing from 7:30 to 10:45 p.m. at University United Methodist Church, 6901 Washington Ave. For more information, call 314-638-4024.
Sunday, Dec. 23
- Eden United Church of Christ, 8920 Eden Ave., 63123, will dedicate their new ADA ramp at 10:30 a.m. worship.
- St. Lucas United Church of Christ, 11735 Denny Road, 63126 is offering a free community meal from 4 to 5:30 p.m. All are welcome. Carry-outs are available. For more information, contact 314-843-2100 or visit www.stlucasucc.org.
- Overeaters Anonymous will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call 314-638-6070.
- The Meramec-Arnold Elks, 1515 Miller Road, will offer bingo at 5:30 p.m. For more information, call 636-464-8960.
Monday, Dec. 24
Tuesday, Dec. 25
Wednesday, Dec. 26
- The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer a movie matinee at 1 p.m. in the upper level of St. Thomas/Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, 3980 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
- A fundraising indoor yard sale to benefit the Mehlville/Oakville Alumni Association will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Upcycle Treasure Box, 2625 Telegraph Road.
- The Kiwanis Club of South County will hold its weekly meeting from noon to 1 p.m. at Frailey’s Southtown Grill, 4329 Butler Hill Road. For more information, call 314-487-6877.
- The South County Toastmasters, the local chapter of an international group dedicated to helping members become better speakers and leaders, will hold its weekly meeting from 7 to 9 p.m. at the MetLife Building, 13045 Tesson Ferry Road. For more information, visit SouthCountyToastmasters.org. Guests are welcome; no fee is required.
- The Gravois Kiwanis Club will hold its weekly meeting at noon at Sam’s Steakhouse, 10205 Gravois Road. For more information, call 314-556-8768.
- The Rotary Club of Crestwood-Sunset Hills will hold its weekly meeting at 12:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn-Viking, Lindbergh Boulevard and Watson Road. Visit www.cshrotary.org for more information.
- A family education and support meeting for family members coping with mental illness of a loved one will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at CenterPointe Hospital South County, 5000 Cedar Plaza Parkway, Suite 380. For more information, call 314-842-4463.
Thursday, Dec. 27
- Share animal stories and then meet with live versions with a presentation by the St. Louis Zoo at the Cliff Cave Branch of the St. Louis County Library, 5430 Telegraph Road, 63129 at 10 a.m. For children ages 3 to 8. Registration required at www.slcl.org/events.
- For those experiencing grief or sorrow during the Christmas season, Eden United Church of Christ, 8920 Eden Ave., 63123, will have a Blue Christmas service at 3 p.m. This introspective service of devotion uses music, scripture and prayer to offer hope and bright light.
- Mercy Hospital South will sponsor a support group meeting for men who have prostate cancer at 7 p.m. in the fourth-floor conference room at the John K. Pruellage Heart & Vascular Center at the hospital, 10010 Kennerly Road. New members are welcome. For more information, call Ray Kopsky at 314-918-7622.
- Jefferson County Swing Dance Club will host its biweekly dance with beginner lessons beginning at 6 p.m. with open dancing from 7 to 10 p.m., Arnold VFW Hall, 2301 Church Road, 63010. Admission is $5 for members and $7 for nonmembers. Visitors welcome.
- The SAJE Senior Ministry will sponsor open-play pickleball, including instruction for new players, from 1 to 4 p.m. at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary gymnasium, 1414 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3. For more information, call 314-822-4736.
- The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwanis Club will hold its weekly meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rich & Charlie’s, 9942 Watson Road. For more information, call 314-223-5264.
- Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 7:30 p.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call 636-467-7023.
- The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer a free chair exercise session for older adults from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. For more information, call 314-822-4736.
- The Retired Men’s Club of Webster Groves Presbyterian Church will meet to play bridge from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the church, 45 W. Lockwood Ave. Men of all faiths are welcome. For more information, call 314-892-5319.
- Free drop-in play of American Mah Jongg will be offered from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Pavilion at Lemay, 305 Gregg Road, Jefferson Barracks Park. All levels are welcome; instruction will be offered for newcomers. For more information, call 314-615-8877.
- The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer cards and games at 10:30 a.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. For more information, call 314-822-4736.