Rescheduled JB Blast set for Aug. 3

The JB Blast set to be held last week for the 4th of July was canceled and will be rescheduled for next month.

The Blast was canceled about an hour before it was set to kick off July 3 due to rain and lightning around Jefferson Barracks Park. The grass was too wet, and there was nowhere for people to park, county officials said.

The concert will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 3, at the amphitheater at Jefferson Barracks Park, with fireworks to follow. The event will have the same entertainment lineup from The South Side Johnny Band, county officials said.

It will be the 18th year for South St. Louis County’s biggest 4th of July celebration.

Admission and parking are free, and food trucks will be available.

The band will play across genres, including Motown music and patriotic favorites.

Share this article