St. Louis Call Newspapers

South St. Louis County News

South St. Louis County News

Celebrate the Fourth of July at the JB Blast

Celebrate the Fourth of July at the JB Blast

June 28, 2022

The JB Blast, south St. Louis County’s biggest Fourth of July Celebration, is returning to Jefferson Barracks Park Friday with live music, a fireworks show and food trucks.  The family-friendly event...

South County Community Calendar: July 1 through July 7

South County Community Calendar: July 1 through July 7

June 27, 2022

July 1 The Meramec Valley Branch of the St. Louis County Library, 1501 San Simeon Way, is hosting “Readin’ and Rockin’” at 2 p.m. “This humorous, highly interactive performance will inspire...

Overcoming a fear of public speaking

Overcoming a fear of public speaking

By Carl Hendrickson, For the Call June 25, 2022

I was in college when I discovered that I had glossophobia. An advisor had suggested that I take a speech course. Even then, more than a half-century ago, the importance and value of effective communication...

Asian flavors add character to spice up this ketchup-based barbecue sauce.

Sherry adds playful flavor to barbecued ribs

By Bill Milligan, For the Call June 24, 2022

I made this barbecue sauce one hot summer day after I purchased some baby back pork ribs our meat market had advertised in our paper. I had been experimenting with Asian sauces and marinades and I thought...

Attendees at the dedication April 9, including Walter Eschbach, seated center on the bench.

Bench dedicated to Sunset Hills environmentalist

June 24, 2022

A park bench dedication ceremony took place at Nancy Eschbach Forest River Trail Park April 9, honoring Sunset Hills resident Walter Eschbach’s lifelong service as an environmentalist and active supporter...

School’s in for summer

School’s in for summer

June 23, 2022

Middle school students in Mehlville’s Summer Session have been getting more than just a refresher on core subjects. Some students have been learning life-saving techniques like CPR, pictured above, and...

Frank and Beverly Spinner

Spinners celebrate 70 years of marriage

June 20, 2022

Frank and Beverly Ann Spinner (nee Remspecher) celebrated 70 years of marriage June 21. The couple married June 21, 1952, at St. John the Baptist by the Rev. George Klaric. The family celebrated...

The pool at the Kennedy Recreation Center.

County opening all pools this weekend, looking for more lifeguards

June 17, 2022

St. Louis County is excited to announce that all four parks and recreation pools will be open this weekend for families to enjoy and cool off during hot weather. Like other counties and cities in the...

County library offering free meals this summer

June 13, 2022

Children 18 and under can get lunch-time meals free of charge at several branches of the St. Louis County Library as part of its summer lunch program.  The program is in partnership with Operation...

The Sappington House.

Historic Saint Louis hosting summer tour Saturday across 25 sites

June 6, 2022

Historic Saint Louis is hosting a one-day event Saturday, June 11 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. where guests will have the chance to tour many of the 25 venues in the organization. The one-day tour will connect...

Load More Stories