South County Community Calendar: Week of Dec. 6 through Dec. 12
• There will be a holy hour for priestly and religious vocations from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Monastery of St. Clare, 200 Marycrest Drive.
• St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, 5508 Telegraph Road, is hosting a Live Nativity with a petting zoo from 6 to 8 p.m. and again on Dec. 7.
Saturday, Dec. 7
• Come visit the Affton Historical Society Santa House, 7801 Genesta St., from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. No reservation required. Cost is $4 a person. For more information, call 314-353-2636. Also open Dec. 8, Dec. 11, Dec. 12 and Dec. 13. Reservations required on weekdays.
• The Oakville Band will host an arts and craft show from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Oakville High School, 5557 Milburn Road. Also open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 8.
• Eden United Church of Christ, 8920 Eden Ave., will host Christmas Cookies To Go from 8 a.m. to noon. $8.50 per pound of cookies.
• Fenton United Methodist Church, 800 Gravois Road, will host Christmas Creations from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m., an annual event for children ages 4 to 12 to make gifts to give out to their family and friends. Children will make six to eight crafts with the help of volunteers. To register, call 636-343-5010. Cost is $8 per child.
• Sappington House, 1015 S. Sappington Road, and the Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site, 7400 Grant Road, will take part in Historic St. Louis’ “A Spirited Holiday Past” from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Visitors can look back and see what the holidays were like in the 1800s. Sappington is $5 for adults, $1 for children under 12; Grant site is free. For more information about “A Spirited Holiday Past,” visit historicsaintlouis.org.Sunday, Dec 8
• Oakville Elks Lodge No. 2726, 2726 Oakville Elks Lane, will host its final shooting match of the fall at noon, with tickets sold at 11:30 a.m. For more information, contact Bob at 314-614-2544.
• The Belleville Ballet Theatre will present “The Nutcracker” at the Rickman Auditorium at Fox High School, 751 Jeffco Blvd., at 2 p.m. Music will be by the Belleville Philharmonic Orchestra. Tickets are $20 and $25 for reserved seating. Tickets can be purchased by calling 636-287-6565, or visit www.brownpapertickets.com.
Monday, Dec. 9
• The Oakville Parents Club will host a Words on Wood plaque painting party at the Oakville Elks Lodge, 2726 Oakville Elks Lane, at 6 p.m. $10 from each sign will be donated to the Oakville Parents Club. You may bring food but no outside beverages. Snacks and beverages will be available for purchase. Register at www.wordsonwoodstl.com/store-2/Oakville-Parents-Club-Fundraiser-December-9th-at-6pm-c37734106.
• The Mehlville/Oakville Alumni Association will hold its monthly Ladies Bunco Club at 7 p.m. at 2625 Telegraph Road. Join newbies and veterans alike for a fun night of dice and social time. The cost is $5. Call Jenni to make reservations at 314-791-0269.
Tuesday, Dec. 10
• Jefferson County Swing Dance Club will host its biweekly dance with beginner lessons starting at 6 p.m. with open dancing from 7 to 10 p.m., Arnold VFW Hall, 2301 Church Road, 63010. Admission is $5 for members and $7 for nonmembers. Visitors welcome.
• “GriefShare,” a support group designed to help individuals cope with the death of a loved one, will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Lutheran Church of Webster Gardens, 8749 Watson Road. For more information, call 314-961-5275.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry’s faith community nurse will hold a weekly “drop-in” time for people to see her from 1 to 3 p.m. in the lower level of the St. Justin’s Martyr rectory, 11910 Eddie & Park Road, Sunset Hills. Call 314-484-9940 for an appointment or to talk to the nurse ahead of time.
Wednesday, Dec. 11
• The Concord Garden Club will meet this morning at Christ Memorial Lutheran Church, 5252 S. Lindbergh Blvd. Visitors are always welcome and are asked to call 314-540-1962 for more information on this month’s program or outing.
• The South County Toastmasters will hold its weekly meeting from 7 to 9 p.m. at the MetLife Building, 13045 Tesson Ferry Road. For more information, visit SouthCountyToastmasters.org. Free; guests are welcome.
• The Rotary Club of Crestwood-Sunset Hills will hold its weekly meeting at noon at the Holiday Inn-Viking, Lindbergh Boulevard and Watson Road. Visit www.cshrotary.org for more information.
Thursday, Dec 12
• SSM St. Clare Hospital Auxiliary, 1015 Bowles Ave., will host a jewelry sale from 7 a.m to 3 p.m. by the Golf Ball Wall in the hospital. For more information, call 314-660-3026.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer a lunch and learn program at 10:45 a.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. Program at 10:45 a.m., lunch at noon. For more information, call 314-822-4736.