Thursday, Aug. 3
• Rep. David Gregory, R-Sunset Hills, will host a town-hall meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Grant’s View Branch County Library, 9700 Musick Road. Gregory plans to discuss the accomplishments of the past legislative session and discuss his goals for the upcoming session. The representative also will be available to answer questions. A free “lunch” will be served. To ensure enough food is available, those planning to attend are asked to call (314) 852-1700.
• Mothers of Preschoolers will meet from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at South County Church of the Nazarene, 2500 Telegraph Road. Child care is provided. For more information, call (314) 269-6699.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwanis Club will meet from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rich & Charlie’s, 9942 Watson Road. For more information, call (314) 223-5264.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 7:30 p.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (636) 467-7023.
• The Retired Men’s Club of Webster Groves Presbyterian Church will meet to play bridge from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the church, 45 W. Lockwood Ave.
Friday, Aug. 4
• The South County Chamber of Commerce will sponsor a business expo, job fair and health expo from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today and Saturday during the back-to-school Sales Tax Holiday at South County Center, South Lindbergh Boulevard and Lemay Ferry Road. For more information, call (314) 894-6800.
• A jitterswing dance will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons start at 7 p.m. and dancing begins at 8 p.m.
• The MOMS Club of St. Louis County-South will meet at 10 a.m. at Grace Union Church, 3900 Union Road. For more information, email MOMSClubSouthCountySTL@yahoo.com.
Saturday, Aug. 5
• South County Community Bible Study will sponsor an open house at 9:15 a.m. at ROC Ministries, 802 Kinswood Lane. This year’s study will discuss “Red Sea to the Jordan River” and will be taken from the books of Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers. It will tell the story of how God delivered his chosen people from Egyptian slavery and established them as a new nation. The class is open to men, women and children through home-school grade 12. For more information, call (314) 374-8321.
• ROC Ministries’ will sponsor its sixth annual Free Back-to-School Clothing Giveaway from 9 a.m. to noon at 802 Kinswood Lane. Clothing sizes range from kindergarten through high school. Tote bags will be provided for guests. Registration is required; call (314) 487-4843 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday or Friday.
Sunday, Aug. 6
• A Free Concert on the Lawn featuring the St. Louis Big Band will take place at 7 p.m. at Zion United Methodist Church, 1603 Union Road. Food will be available for purchase beginning at 6:30 p.m. In case of rain, the event will take place indoors. Canned goods and nonperishable food items will be collected to “fill the van” for the Affton Christian Food Pantry.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (314) 638-6070.
Monday, Aug. 7
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers open-play basketball from 3 to 5 p.m. weekdays. The cost is $2. For more information, call (314) 615-8822.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 1070 will meet at 6:15 p.m. at St. Anthony’s Medstop Urgent Care, Room A, 2900 Lemay Ferry Road. For more information, call (314) 550-9919.
• Line dancing will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons are offered from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., followed by open dancing until 9:15 p.m.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will sponsor open-play pickleball, including instruction for new players, from 9 a.m. to noon at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary gymnasium, 1414 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3.
• ROC Ministries, 802 Kinswood Lane, will offer “Sewing-N-Faith,” a free gathering from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for crafting, sewing, knitting, crocheting and hand or machine quilting to serve those in need. For more information, call (314) 487-4843.
• Concord Church, 13775 Tesson Ferry Road, will offer a depression/anxiety support group from 6 to 8 p.m. For more information, call (314) 807-5820.
Tuesday, Aug. 8
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers open-play pickleball Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. The cost is $2 per person. For more information, call (314) 615-8822.
• Affton Chapter 1015 of Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 10 a.m. in Room 103 of the Salvation Army, 824 Union Road. Weigh-ins begin at 9:10 a.m. For more information, call (314) 845-3046.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 1 p.m. at the Concord Trinity United Methodist Church Library, 5275 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 186 will meet at 9 a.m. in Rooms 3 and 4 on the lower level at Mary, Mother of the Church, 5901 Kerth Road.
Wednesday, Aug. 9
• ROC Ministries, 802 Kinswood Lane, will sponsor a free “Kids Night Out” at 7 p.m. for children from kindergarten through sixth grade featuring “wild and crazy games, activities and a fun lesson.” Those attending are asked to bring a beach towel and are asked to call (314) 487-4843 to learn the color their team will wear. Colors are based on age.
• The Concord Garden Club will meet at 10:15 a.m. at Christ Memorial Lutheran Church, 5252 S. Lindbergh Blvd. Dues cost $20 per year. Visitors are asked to bring a sack lunch; drinks and dessert are provided. For more information, call (314) 843-6219.
• The Mehlville/Oakville Alumni Association will sponsor a Bunco Club at 6 p.m. at the Upcycle Treasure Box, 2625 Telegraph Road. The cost is $5.
• Dottie’s senior group for single men and women is free to join and offers an opportunity to meet new friends. For information about the meeting time and location, call (314) 638-3402.
• The Kiwanis Club of South County will meet from noon to 1 p.m. at Frailey’s Southtown Grill, 4329 Butler Hill Road. For more information, call (314) 487-6877.
• The South County Toastmasters will meet at 7 p.m. at the MetLife Building, 13045 Tesson Ferry Road. For additional information, visit www.southcountytoastmasters.org.
• The Gravois Kiwanis Club will meet at noon at Sam’s Steakhouse, 10205 Gravois Road. For more information, call (314) 556-8768.
• The Rotary Club of Crestwood-Sunset Hills will meet at 12:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn-Viking, Lindbergh Boulevard and Watson Road. Visit www.cshrotary.org for more information.
• A family education and support meeting for family members coping with mental illness of a loved one will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at CenterPointe Hospital South County, 5000 Cedar Plaza Parkway, Suite 380. For more information, call (314) 842-4463.
Check back to www.callnewspapers.com to view additional calendar items.