With the April 6 general municipal election less than one month away, it’s important that voters understand dates and deadlines that are quickly approaching.
The deadline for registering to vote in the April election is Wednesday, March 10.
If a St. Louis County resident needs to register to vote for the first time or update their voter registration information, the following options are available:
• Register online through the Missouri Secretary of State: https://s1.sos.mo.gov/elections/voterregistration
• Register in person at the election board office located at 725 Northwest Plaza Drive, St. Ann, Missouri, 63074, between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (hours extended to 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 10).
• Update voter registration in person at the election board office or via email or fax:
Two weeks following the voter registration deadline is the deadline for requesting an absentee ballot. 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 24.
This the final opportunity to submit a request for an absentee ballot to be sent via mail. As a reminder, the General Assembly has not extended the COVID-19 absentee excuse, so residents who wish to vote absentee will have to meet one of the six reasons below:
1. Absent from St. Louis County on Election Day;
2. Incapacitated or confined due to sickness or disability, including caring for a person who is incapacitated or confined due to sickness or disability;
3. Restricted by religious belief or practice;
4. Employed by an election authority;
5. Incarcerated, although all necessary qualifications for voting have been retained;
6. A participant in the Missouri Safe at Home program
While the election board is open now for in-person absentee voting, four satellite sites throughout the
county will open Thursday, March 25.
The satellite sites will operate from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday until April 2.
In addition, extended hours will be available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, March 27 and Saturday, April 3 and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, April 5.
Satellite sites will be located at:
• South County Government Center, Keller Plaza – 4544 Lemay Ferry Road, St. Louis MO 63129
• St. Louis County Library, Mid County Branch – 7821 Maryland Avenue, Clayton MO 63105
• North County Recreation Complex – 2577 Redman Road, St. Louis MO 6136
• West County Government Center – 82 Clarkson Wilson Center, Chesterfield MO 63017
For more information, visit www.stlouiscovotes.com or call 314-615-1800.