Thursday, Sept. 27
• SAJE will offer bingo at 10:30 a.m. at Advent Episcopal Church, 9373 Garber in Crestwood. No charge. All welcome. Fun prizes.
• Join actor Kevin O’Brien for a talk and book signing of his new autobiography, “An Actor Bows: Show Biz, God, and the Meaning of Life” at Pauline Books & Media in Crestwood, 9804 Watson Road.
Friday, Sept. 28
• St. Luke’s United Methodist Church will host a Fall Fish Fry from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Enjoy some delicious fall-themed desserts on a fun Friday night. Love Pumpkin Spice, we’ve got you covered. 2761 Telegraph Road. If you’re in a hurry, order online and we will have it ready for you. Go to www.stlukesumcmo.org and click on EventsàFish Fry Online Order.
• Come one, come all. Lutheran South High School, 9515 Tesson Ferry Road, is hosting a Homecoming Carnival from 5 to 10 p.m. and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. This community event will include rides, games, funnel cakes and more. Enjoy the football game Friday night and live music Saturday while your children are entertained riding the scrambler. Wristbands for unlimited rides are available for Saturday only from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. These can be purchased at lhssstl.org/carnival. Regular ride tickets, as well as tickets for food and games, can be purchased at the event.
Saturday, Sept. 29
• Crestwood will host its citywide yard sale from 8 a.m. to noon, with locations across the city.
• Sunset Hills will host a citywide garage sale and indoor flea market at the Sunset Hills Community Center at 8 a.m.
• The Homecoming Carnival continues at Lutheran South High School, 9515 Tesson Ferry Road, from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wristbands for unlimited rides are available Saturday only from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. These can be purchased at lhssstl.org/carnival. Regular ride tickets, as well as tickets for food and games, can be purchased at the event.
• In recognition of National Voter Registration Day, the League of Women Voters of Metro St. Louis is holding the area’s first-ever Library Registration Day. More than 80 volunteers from the League, Project Power to the People, Delta Sigma Theta and other organizations will be at 61 area libraries from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to help area residents register to vote, update their address or change their name. Sites include all county, city and consortium libraries in St. Louis and several in Jefferson County. Oct. 10 is the last day to register to vote in the Nov. 6 election.
• Rep. Doug Beck, D-Affton, is sponsoring a food drive for the Affton Christian Food Pantry Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Items needed include canned beans, rice, mixed vegetables, peanut butter, baby diapers, adult diapers and toilet paper. Monetary donations to the food pantry are also welcome. Items can be dropped off at two donation sites: the Affton Fire District, 9282 Gravois Road, and Shop-n-Save, 5780 S. Lindbergh Ave.
• Register to ride in the first ever Sunset Hills Bike Cruise along Route 66. Travel along a 10 mile loop on Route 66 and see historic landmarks. $20 a person and $35 per couple. Register before 2 p.m. Saturday to receive a souvenir. Register with Sunset Hills Parks Department at (314) 842-7265, at sunset-hills.com/bikecruise or buy a ticket at a local participating bike shop (cash only).
Sunday, Sept. 30
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (314) 638-6070.
Monday, Oct. 1
• Concord Church, 13775 Tesson Ferry Road, will offer a depression/anxiety support group from 6 to 8 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 2
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 1 p.m. at the Concord Trinity United Methodist Church Library, 5275 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 186 will meet at 9 a.m. in Rooms 3 and 4 on the lower level at Mary, Mother of the Church, 5901 Kerth Road. (314) 487-6877.
• The Daughters of St. Paul in Crestwood will be hosting a 12-part DVD series this fall entitled “The Bible and the Virgin Mary: Journey Through Scripture.” Tom Block will be facilitating the series, beginning Oct. 9. The $25 registration fee is due Tuesday, Oct. 2.
Wednesday, Oct. 3
• The Happy Hookers Crochet and Social Club will meet for lunch at 11 a.m. at Firehouse Bar & Grill, 3500 Lemay Ferry Road.
• The Kiwanis Club of South County will meet from noon to 1 p.m. at Frailey’s Southtown Grill, 4329 Butler Hill Road.
• The South County Toastmasters, the local chapter of an international group dedicated to helping members become better speakers and leaders, will meet from 7 to 9 p.m. at the MetLife Building, 13045 Tesson Ferry Road.
• The Gravois Kiwanis Club will meet at noon at Sam’s Steakhouse, 10205 Gravois Road.
• The Rotary Club of Crestwood-Sunset Hills will meet at 12:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn-Viking, Lindbergh Boulevard and Watson Road.
• A family education and support meeting for family members coping with mental illness of a loved one will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at CenterPointe Hospital South County, 5000 Cedar Plaza Parkway, Suite 380. For more information, call (314) 842-4463.
• The League of Women Voters of Metro St. Louis will be hosting a forum about issues pertaining to the statewide ballot on Nov. 6. The forum will be held from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Manchester Parks and Recreation, 359 Old Meramec Station Road.