Thursday, Sept. 13
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer a lunch and learn program at 10:45 a.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will sponsor open-play pickleball, including instruction for new players, from noon to 3 p.m. at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary gymnasium, 1414 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwanis Club will meet from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rich & Charlie’s, 9942 Watson Road. For more information, call (314) 223-5264.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 7:30 p.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (636) 467-7023.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer a free chair exercise session for older adults from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• The Retired Men’s Club of Webster Groves Presbyterian Church will meet to play bridge from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the church, 45 W. Lockwood Ave. Men of all faiths are welcome. For more information, call (314) 892-5319.
• Free drop-in play of American Mah Jongg will be offered from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Pavilion at Lemay, 305 Gregg Road, Jefferson Barracks Park. All levels are welcome; instruction will be offered for newcomers. For more information, call (314) 615-8877.
GriefShare support group will resume at 6:30pm at the Lutheran Church of Webster Gardens. 8749 Watson Road, 63119.
Tesson Ferry Township Republican Club will be at 7:00pm at Abiding Savior Lutheran Church, 4355 Butler Hill Road with speaker Rene Artman. Please park in the back and enter from the rear entrance. There is no charge to attend and guests are welcome. For more information call 314-805-9127.
SAJE will have a Lunch & Learn and will feature a presentation by the League of Women Voters to inform us of the various and sometimes complicated issues that will appear on the November 2018 ballot. All are welcome. No charge. The program starts at 10:45 a.m. at Advent Episcopal Church 9373 Garber Road. For more information, call 314-822-4736.
Friday, Sept. 14
• A jitterswing dance will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons start at 7 p.m. and dancing begins at 8 p.m.
• ZumbaGold dance exercises geared to older adults will be offered by the SAJE Senior Ministry from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Elizabeth of Hungary, 1420 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3 per class. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• Gethsemane Lutheran Church, 765 Lemay Ferry Road, will offer open prayer sessions from 11 a.m. to noon Fridays, Mondays and Wednesdays.
Saturday, Sept. 15
• The International Folk Dance Association will sponsor folk dancing from 7:30 to 10:45 p.m. at University United Methodist Church, 6901 Washington Ave. For more information, call (314) 638-4024.
Gateway West Gesneriad Society will have its Annual Gesneriad Show & Sale at the Missouri Botanical Garden in the Beaumont Room 4344 Shaw Boulevard from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The show and sale will continue on Sunday.
The Hills Climbers Team will host a Trivia Night at St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Parish Center 4900 Ringer Road. Doors open at 6 p.m. All proceeds go to “Pedal The Cause” Charity. The cost is $25 per person (includes beer, wine, and soda). To reserve a table call 314-487-7206.
The Oakville Elks Lodge is hosting Daniels’s Battle at 2726 Oakville Elks Lane from 6:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Danielle is a wife and mother who was recently diagnosed with primary-progressive MS, along with additional underlying complications. Danielle can no longer work and spends many of her days in doctor’s offices, hospitals, and labs. Enjoy dinner, dancing, and a silent auction. Tickets are $25 per person and may be purchased at the door or in advance by contacting Teresa Dorshorst at 314-303-5352 or Tdorshorst79@gmail.com. If unable to attend, donations can be given directly through First State Community Bank. Contact Jim Buettner at 573-431-9400.
Sunday, Sept. 16
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (314) 638-6070.
• The Meramec-Arnold Elks, 1515 Miller Road, will offer bingo at 5:30 p.m. For more information, call (636) 464-8960.
Affton Presbyterian Church will celebrate their 75th Anniversary at 3410 Lemay Ferry Road. A celebration worship service will start at 10 a.m. followed by a luncheon. Please join us for this great event. Call 314-631-9217 for more information.
Monday, Sept. 17
• The St. Louis County Senior Card Club for pinochle and bridge players meets from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Crestwood Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane.
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers open-play basketball from 3 to 5 p.m. weekdays. The cost is $2 per person. For more information, call (314) 615-8822.
• Line dancing will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons are offered from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., followed by open dancing until 9:15 p.m.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer a free chair exercise session for older adults from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary cafeteria, 1420 S. Sappington Road. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will sponsor open-play pickleball, including instruction for new players, from 9 a.m. to noon at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary gymnasium, 1414 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 1070 will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Church of Latter-Day Saints, 4511 Butler Hill Road. Weigh-ins will start at 6 p.m. For more information, call (314) 550-9919.
• ROC Ministries, 802 Kinswood Lane, will offer “Sewing-N-Faith,” a free gathering from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for crafting, sewing, knitting, crocheting and hand or machine quilting to serve those in need. For more information, call (314) 487-4843 on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays.
• Concord Church, 13775 Tesson Ferry Road, will offer a depression/anxiety support group from 6 to 8 p.m. For more information, call (314) 807-5820.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer free quilting — all abilities — from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
Tuesday, Sept. 18
• St. Anthony’s Medical Center offers new moms the opportunity to meet new friends, share information and experiences and support from 10 to 11:30 a.m. in the Hyland Education and Training Center, 10020 Kennerly Road. Babies are welcome. Registration is required. For more information, call (314) 268-4669.
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Parish presents Aging My Way Resource Fair from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon at St. Margaret Mary 4900 Ringer Road. The goal of the fair is to provide information and resources to Senior Citizens who are “Aging in Place” in their homes and people are are considering Senior Living Options such as Retirement Communities, Assisted Living and Long Term Care Facilities. Gift cards will be raffled, free donuts and coffee, and over 60 booths of senior citizen and caregiver information. Call 314-487-0003 for more information.
• The Ladies of Oakland will host their monthly meeting in the Oakland House located at 7801 Genesta Avenue in Affton. Linda Spall will be presenting, “Cooking with Marge”. The meeting is open for guests/visitors and refreshments will be served. Call Lucy Johnson for more information 314-843-6346.
Wednesday, Sept. 19
• The Concord Garden Club will meet this morning at Christ Memorial Lutheran Church, 5252 S. Lindbergh Blvd. Visitors and new members are welcome and are asked to call (314) 843-6219 for more information about this month’s program or outing.
• The Mehlville/Oakville Alumni Association will sponsor a Bunco Club at 7 p.m. at the Upcycle Treasure Box, 2625 Telegraph Road. The cost is $5 and includes snacks, drinks and prizes.
• Dottie’s senior group for single men and women is free to join and offers an opportunity to meet new friends. For information about the meeting time and location, call (314) 638-3402.
• The Kiwanis Club of South County will meet from noon to 1 p.m. at Frailey’s Southtown Grill, 4329 Butler Hill Road. For more information, call (314) 487-6877.
• The South County Toastmasters, the local chapter of an international group dedicated to helping members become better speakers and leaders, will meet from 7 to 9 p.m. at the MetLife Building, 13045 Tesson Ferry Road. For more information, visit SouthCountyToastmasters.org. Guests are welcome; no fee is required.
• The Gravois Kiwanis Club will meet at noon at Sam’s Steakhouse, 10205 Gravois Road. For more information, call (314) 556-8768.
• The Rotary Club of Crestwood-Sunset Hills will meet at 12:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn-Viking, Lindbergh Boulevard and Watson Road. Visit www.cshrotary.org for more information.
• A family education and support meeting for family members coping with mental illness of a loved one will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at CenterPointe Hospital South County, 5000 Cedar Plaza Parkway, Suite 380. For more information, call (314) 842-4463.
Visit www.callnewspapers.com to view additional calendar items.
The Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site presents Civil War to Civil Rights: Family Friendly Living History Series. Join for a dramatic first person interpretation exploring the themes of slavery, Reconstruction, and African American efforts to secure freedom and civil rights. These free programs will be held outdoors on the park grounds. Chairs will be provided. The one-hour program begins at 6:30 p.m. No reservations needed.