South County Community Calendar: Week of Sept. 27 through Oct. 3
Friday, Sept. 27
• Fenton United Methodist Church, 800 Gravois Road, 63026, will host a a church-wide rummage sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and again on Saturday, Sept. 28. For more information, call 636-343-5010.
• Lindbergh PEGS and LEAP will hold Cosmic Rock and Roll Bingo at 6:30 p.m. as part of their space camp fundraiser. Bingo will be held at the Crestwood Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Lane. $25 per person or a table of 8 for $176. Bring your own food and drinks. For adults only. To sign up, visit bit.ly/2zfaROw and to pay, visit bit.ly/2Z87DMm.
Saturday, Sept. 28
• Crestwood and Sunset Hills will host a community-wide yard sale from 8 a.m. to noon. Free maps of the yard sale locations will be available for pickup at the Crestwood Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Lane, Friday, Sept. 27.
• Sunset Hills will host an indoor flea market from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Community Center, 3915 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
• The Oak Bend Branch of the St. Louis County Library, 842 S. Holmes Ave., will host an autumn plant swap at 10 a.m. Bring your plants and seedlings, pots, tools, seeds and books to swap with fellow gardeners. Plants should be divided in advance, brought in containers and labeled. For adults.
• St. Louis County Library will host the annual Little Readers Festival from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at library headquarters, 1640 S. Lindbergh Blvd. Children ages 5 and under will receive two free books and a shaved ice.
• Members of The Friends in Stitches Quilt Club will hold a two-day quilt show at the Monroe County History Museum, 742 Elaine Drive, Waterloo, Illinois, 62298 from 1 to 4 p.m. Members of the group will be present to answer questions about the displayed quilts.
• Friends of Boy Scout Troop 671 will sponsor their annual Trivia Night at the St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Parish Center, 4900 Ringer Road. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and trivia will start at 7 p.m. The cost is $20 per person. The event will feature a silent auction. Beer, soda, wine and light snacks are included in the cost. Proceeds benefit the Scouting program. For reservations, call 314-607-3739.
Sunday, Sept. 29
• Cure of Ars Catholic Church, 670 S. Laclede Station Road, 63119, will host its annual Fall Fete from noon to 4 p.m. featuring fried chicken, afternoon bingo, games, raffles, concessions, music and more.
• Oakville Elks Lodge No. 2726, 2726 Oakville Elks Lane, will host a shooting match at noon every Sunday through Dec. 8, with tickets sold at 11:30 a.m. Open to all, so bring your shooting buddies. For more information, contact Bob at 314-614-2544.
Monday, Sept. 30
• The Weber Road Branch of the St. Louis County Library, 4444 Weber Road, will host a star party and telescope viewing session at 7 p.m. with the St. Louis Astronomical Society. For all ages. Registration required at www.slcl. org/events.
• ROC Ministries, 802 Kinswood Lane, will offer “Sewing-N-Faith,” a free gathering from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for crafting, sewing, knitting, crocheting and hand or machine quilting to serve those in need. Donations of fabric are greatly appreciated. For more information, call 314-487-4843 on Fridays.
Tuesday, Oct. 1
• The Mehlville Lions Club will meet at 7 p.m. at Cafe Telegraph, 2650 Telegraph Road. For more information, visit www.mehlvillelionsclub.com.
• The Crestwood Senior Dance Club meets from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane. Ballroom, circle tag, round, line and Latin dancing are among the styles featured. All skill levels are welcome. The cost is $1.
Wednesday, Oct. 2
• The Happy Hookers Crochet and Social Club will meet monthly at 10:30 a.m. at Firehouse Bar & Grill, 3500 Lemay Ferry Road, in the banquet room on the lower level. For more information, call 314-894-8022.
• The Rotary Club of Crestwood-Sunset Hills will hold its weekly meeting at noon at the Holiday Inn-Viking, Lindbergh Boulevard and Watson Road. Visit www.cshrotary.org for more information.
Thursday, Oct. 3
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 7:30 p.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building.
• Conscious Body Alignment classes using tai chi principles from a chair is offered for seniors at 11 a.m. at St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, 5508 Telegraph Road. $10; first visit free.