Friday, April 26
• Gethsemane Lutheran Church, 765 Lemay Ferry Road, will offer open prayer sessions from 11 a.m. to noon Fridays, Mondays and Wednesdays.
• ZumbaGold dance exercises geared to older adults will be offered by the SAJE Senior Ministry from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. at St. Elizabeth of Hungary, 1420 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3 per class. For more information, call 314-822-4736.
• A jitterswing dance will be held at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons start at 7 p.m. and dancing begins at 8 p.m.
Saturday, April 27
• The First Baptist Church of Oakville, 6741 Telegraph Road, is hosting its second annual community kite flying contest from 3 to 5 p.m. All ages are welcome and the event is free. Several local businesses have donated prizes.
• The Sappington House, 1015 S. Sappington Road, 63126, will host a Country Craft Festival from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.. Enjoy shopping for arts and crafts, live music, food and animals to pet. Free admission and parking. Author of the book “Young Lincoln,” Jan Jacobi, will also be present to sign books from 9 to 11:45 a.m. For more information call 314-822-8171.
• The German Male Chorus will host its annual spring dance at 7:30 p.m. at the German Cultural Society Hall, 3652 S. Jefferson Ave. Doors open at 6 p.m. Food available. Suggested donation of $10. New members are always welcome. For more information call 314-487-9296 or 314-845-1619.
• The first-ever Sunset Hills Makers Market will be held in Watson Trail Park, 12450 W. Watson Road, 63127, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The event includes local and regional artists, makers and crafters selling and exhibiting their products. Admission to the market is free.
• The Crestwood Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Lane, 63126, is hosting a Personal Safety Program that will build the basics of self-defense with a hands-on approach over five weeks. $175 for residents, $195 for non-residents. April 27, May 4, May 11, May 18 and May 25 from 9 to 11:30 a.m.
• St. Luke’s United Methodist Church is hosting a fishing fair at Suson Park, 6073 Wells Road, 63128, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Open to everyone. Fishing gear and food provided.
Sunday, April 28
• St. Lucas UCC, 11735 Denny Road, 63126, is offering a free community meal from 4 to 5:30 p.m. All are welcome to the family friendly event. Carryouts are available. For more information, call 314-843-2100 or go to www.stlucasucc.org
.• Overeaters Anonymous will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call 314-638-6070.• The Meramec-Arnold Elks, 1515 Miller Road, will offer bingo at 5:30 p.m. For more information, call 636-464-8960.
Monday, April 29
• Line dancing will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons are offered from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., followed by open dancing until 9:15 p.m.
• ROC Ministries, 802 Kinswood Lane, will offer “Sewing-N-Faith,” a free gathering from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for crafting, sewing, knitting, crocheting and hand or machine quilting to serve those in need. For more information, call 314-487-4843 on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) Chapter 204 will hold its weekly meeting at 11 a.m. at the Salvation Army, 824 Union Road. Weigh-ins will start at 10 a.m.The Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center is hosting a blood drive at St. Lucas UCC, 11735 Denny Road, 63126, from 3 to 7 p.m.
The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer a free chair exercise session for older adults from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary cafeteria, 1420 S. Sappington Road.
Tuesday, April 30
• Metro STL Merger Vote, a grass roots group committed to providing information on the impact of Better Together, is hosting a meeting at 7 p.m. at Kirkwood United Methodist Church, 201 W. Adams Ave., 63122.
• The monthly meeting of the Mehlville Garden Club will happen at 9:30 a.m. at Christ Memorial Lutheran Church, 5252 S. Lindbergh Blvd. The program will be about worms and their affect on the soil. New members are encouraged.
• A new singles ministry at Crestwood Christian Church, Together 4 Christ, will meet weekly at 6:30 p.m., including tonight’s topic dedicated to problems like finances, diet and health. For more information on the week’s activities, contact 314-843-9069 or T4CSingles@gmail.com.
• The Crestwood Senior Dance Club meets from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane. Ballroom, circle tag, round, line and Latin dancing are among the styles featured. All skill levels are welcome. The cost is $1.
• “GriefShare,” a support group designed to help individuals cope with the death of a loved one, will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Lutheran Church of Webster Gardens, 8749 Watson Road.
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers open-play pickleball Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. The cost is $2 per person.
• ZumbaGold dance exercises geared to older adults will be offered by the SAJE Senior Ministry from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at St. Elizabeth of Hungary, 1420 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3 per class.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry sponsors weekly chair yoga at 10:30 a.m. at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary cafeteria, 1414 S. Sappington Road. The class offers stretching exercises with a Silver Sneakers benefit. The cost is $3 otherwise.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry’s faith community nurse will hold a weekly “drop-in” time for people to see her from 1 to 3 p.m. in the lower level of the St. Justin’s Martyr rectory, 11910 Eddie & Park Road, Sunset Hills. Call 314-484-9940 for an appointment or to talk to the nurse ahead of time.
Wednesday, May 1
• The Ladies Guild of Peace Lutheran Church, 737 Barracksview Road, 63125, will be hosting a spring salad luncheon at noon. Tickets are $12, advance sales only. For tickets call Julia Petrovic at 636-464-9607 or Edie Turner at 314-846-4870.
• The Women’s Fellowship of Prince of Peace UCC will host its annual garage sale at 4966 Towne South Road, 63128, from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. For information, call 314-843-8461.
• The Happy Hookers Crochet and Social Club will meet monthly for lunch at 10:30 a.m. at Firehouse Bar & Grill, 3500 Lemay Ferry Road, in the banquet room on the lower level. For more information, call 314-894-8022.
• A family education and support meeting for family members coping with mental illness of a loved one will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at CenterPointe Hospital South County, 5000 Cedar Plaza Parkway, Suite 380.
• The Kiwanis Club of South County will hold its weekly meeting from noon to 1 p.m. at Frailey’s Southtown Grill, 4329 Butler Hill Road.
• The South County Toastmasters will hold its weekly meeting from 7 to 9 p.m. at the MetLife Building, 13045 Tesson Ferry Road. For more information, visit SouthCountyToastmasters.org. Free; guests are welcome.
• The Gravois Kiwanis Club will hold its weekly meeting at noon at Sam’s Steakhouse, 10205 Gravois Road.
• The Rotary Club of Crestwood-Sunset Hills will hold its weekly meeting at 12:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn-Viking, Lindbergh Boulevard and Watson Road. Visit www.cshrotary.org for more information.
Thursday, May 2
• Mothers of Preschoolers will meet from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at South County Church of the Nazarene, 2500 Telegraph Road. Child care is provided. For more information, call 314-269-6699.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwanis Club will hold its weekly meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rich & Charlie’s, 9942 Watson Road. For more information, call 314-223-5264.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 7:30 p.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information,
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer a free chair exercise session for older adults from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road.
• The Retired Men’s Club of Webster Groves Presbyterian Church will meet to play bridge from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the church, 45 W. Lockwood Ave. Men of all faiths are welcome. For more information, call 314-892-5319.
• Free drop-in play of American Mah Jongg will be offered from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Pavilion at Lemay, 305 Gregg Road, Jefferson Barracks Park. All levels are welcome.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer cards and games at 10:30 a.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road.
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers Senior Cardio/Flex weekly from 11 to 11:45 a.m. Participants are asked to bring a towel, mat and water. The cost is $5 per person.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will sponsor open-play pickleball, including instruction for new players, from 1 to 4 p.m. at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary gymnasium, 1414 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3.
• Free pinochle is played every Tuesday and Thursday from noon to 3 p.m. at the Affton Senior Center, 8520 Mackenzie Road.