Thursday, Oct. 19
• Carol Veillette, field director for Americans For Prosperity, will speak during a meeting of the Concord-Lemay Republican Club that will take place at 7 p.m. at Green Park City Hall, 11100 Mueller Road, Suite 6. For more information, call (314) 283-1764.
• Citizens Against Pornography will meet at 7:30 p.m. at Mary, Mother of the Church, 5901 Kerth Road. For more information, call (314) 892-6451.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwanis Club will meet from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rich & Charlie’s, 9942 Watson Road. For more information, call (314) 223-5264.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 7:30 p.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (636) 467-7023.
• The Retired Men’s Club of Webster Groves Presbyterian Church will meet to play bridge from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the church, 45 W. Lockwood Ave. Men of all faiths are welcome. For more information, call (314) 892-5319.
• Free drop-in play of American Mah Jongg will be offered from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Pavilion at Lemay, 305 Gregg Road, Jefferson Barracks Park. All levels are welcome; instruction will be offered for newcomers. For more information, call (314) 615-8877.
Friday, Oct. 20
• The Sunset Hills Parks and Recreation Department will host its annual Halloween event from 5:30 to 9 p.m. at Watson Trail Park, 12450 W. Watson Road. Activities will include a rock wall, giant slide, music, fire show and hayride. Activity bracelets will cost $5 per person. Food tickets will cost $3 per person.
• A jitterswing dance will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons start at 7 p.m. and dancing be-gins at 8 p.m.
• Gethsemane Lutheran Church, 765 Lemay Ferry Road, will offer open prayer sessions from 11 a.m. to noon Fridays, Mondays and Wednesdays.
Saturday, Oct. 21
• Assumption Parish, 4725 Mattis Road, will host a Fall Festival featuring music, food, fellowship and fun from 3 to 8 p.m. in the parish center and cafeteria. For more information, visit www.assumptionstl.org.
• St. Johns Evangelical United Church of Christ, 11333 St. John Church Road, will sponsor a Rummage Sale to benefit over 40 local charities and hurricane relief charities from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. today and from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Furniture, household items, decorations, toys and clothes will be on sale.
• A St. Agatha all-class reunion will take place at noon at Andre’s South, 4238 Telegraph Road. For more information, call (314) 256-1208 or (314) 892-8011.
• A Spirits of Sappington House Tour featuring new messages from beyond the grave and costumed ghosts from the Sappington House’s past will take place from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Sappington House Complex, 1015 S. Sappington Road. The event also will offer lantern tours of Father Dickson Cemetery, bonfires with hot cider and s’mores and an appearance by the macabre 18th-century surgeon John Murphy. The cost is $5 for adults and $2 for children under 12 years old. For more information, call (314) 822-8171.
Sunday, Oct. 22
• A meat shoot will take place starting at 11 a.m. with a practice round at Crestwood Elks Lodge No. 2503, 10261 Bauer Road. Proceeds will benefit the county Police Department, military veterans and youth programs. For more information, call (314) 842-3660.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (314) 638-6070.
Monday, Oct. 23
• The St. Louis County Senior Card Club for pinochle and bridge players meets from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Crestwood Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane.
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers open-play basketball from 3 to 5 p.m. weekdays. The cost is $2 per person.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 1070 will meet at 6:15 p.m. at St. Anthony’s Medstop Urgent Care, Room A, 2900 Lemay Ferry Road. For more information, call (314) 550-9919.
• Line dancing will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons are offered from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., followed by open dancing until 9:15 p.m.
• Concord Church, 13775 Tesson Ferry Road, will offer a depression/anxiety support group from 6 to 8 p.m. For more information, call (314) 807-5820.
Tuesday, Oct. 24
• “GriefShare,” a support group designed to help individuals cope with the death of a loved one, will meet from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Lutheran Church of Webster Gardens, 8749 Watson Road. To register, call (314) 961-5275.
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers open-play pickleball Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. The cost is $2.
• Affton Chapter 1015 of Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 10 a.m. in Room 103 of the Salvation Army, 824 Union Road. Weigh-ins begin at 9:10 a.m. For more information, call (314) 845-3046.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 1 p.m. at the Concord Trinity United Methodist Church Library, 5275 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 186 will meet at 9 a.m. in Rooms 3 and 4 on the lower level at Mary, Mother of the Church, 5901 Kerth Road.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry offers chair yoga at 10:30 a.m. at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary cafeteria, 1414 S. Sappington Road. The class offers stretching exercises with a Silver Sneakers benefit. The cost is $3 otherwise.
• The Crestwood Senior Dance Club meets from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane. Ballroom, circle tag, round, line and Latin dancing are among the styles featured. All skill levels are welcome. The cost is $1.
Wednesday, Oct. 25
• The topic of “City-County Merger: Where Are We Now?” will be discussed during a meeting of the Gravois and Jefferson Township Republican Clubs at 7:30 p.m. at the Crestwood Government Center, 1 Detjen Drive.
• Garden Villas South, 13457 Tesson Ferry Road, will offer a Healthy Living Speaker Series featuring Washington University physicians at 10:30 a.m. A breakfast bar will open at 9:45 a.m. Today’s topic will be “Glaucoma: Silent Thief of Sight.” Registration is requested; call (314) 843-7788.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer a movie matinee, “A Letter to Three Wives,” at 1 p.m. in the lower level of St. Thomas/Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, 3980 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
• The Sunset Hills Parks and Recreation Department will host an Active Living Fair from 10 a.m. to noon at the Community Center, 3915 S. Lindbergh Blvd. Participants at the free event geared to adults 60 years old and older will be able to try out a mini exercise class.
• A fundraising indoor yard sale to benefit the
Mehlville/Oakville Alumni Association will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Upcycle Treasure Box, 2625 Telegraph Road.
• The Kiwanis Club of South County will meet from noon to 1 p.m. at Frailey’s Southtown Grill, 4329 Butler Hill Road. For more information, call (314) 487-6877.
• The South County Toastmasters will meet at 7 p.m. at the MetLife Building, 13045 Tesson Ferry Road. For additional information, visit www.southcountytoastmasters.org.
• The Gravois Kiwanis Club will meet at noon at Sam’s Steakhouse, 10205 Gravois Road. For more information, call (314) 556-8768.
• The Rotary Club of Crestwood-Sunset Hills will meet at 12:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn-Viking, Lindbergh Boulevard and Watson Road. Visit www.cshrotary.org for more information.
• The SAJE Murder Mystery Theatre will present “Murder on 34th Street” Sunday, Nov. 5, at the St. Justin Martyr Parish Center, 11922 Eddie & Park Road. The cost is $25. Reservations are required; call (314) 822-4736.
Check back to view additional calendar items.