Thursday, Oct. 12
• The St. Louis Banjo Club will offer a free performance at 7:30 p.m. at Concordia Turners, 6432 Gravois Road. For more information, visit www.stlouisbanjoclub.org.
• Nancy Grafton, a counselor with Community Leaders Assisting the Insured of Missouri, will discuss Medicare changes that will take effect in 2018 during a lunch-and-learn program sponsored by the SAJE Senior Ministry, at 10:45 a.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. Flu and pneumonia shots also will be offered; bring your insurance card. Lunch will be served at noon. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• Ray Bozarth, political director of the Missouri Republican Party, will speak during a meeting of the Tesson Ferry Township Republican Club at 7 p.m. at Abiding Savior Church, 4355 Butler Hill Road. Attendees are asked to park in back and enter through the rear entrance. For more information, call (314) 845-6879.
• Assumption Parish will offer a Women’s Adoration, Community, Theology and Service Retreat today through Sunday at the Marianist Retreat and Conference Center in Eureka. The retreat will begin with check-in at 6 p.m. today at the church, 4725 Mattis Road, and conclude after the 10:30 a.m. Mass on Sunday at the church. Transportation will be provided. Lunch will be provided after Mass on Sunday.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwanis Club will meet from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rich & Charlie’s, 9942 Watson Road. For more information, call (314) 223-5264.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 7:30 p.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (636) 467-7023.
• The Retired Men’s Club of Webster Groves Presbyterian Church will meet to play bridge from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the church, 45 W. Lockwood Ave. Men of all faiths are welcome. For more information, call (314) 892-5319.
• Free drop-in play of American Mah Jongg will be offered from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Pavilion at Lemay, 305 Gregg Road, Jefferson Barracks Park. All levels are welcome; instruction will be offered for newcomers. For more information, call (314) 615-8877.
Friday, Oct. 13
• A jitterswing dance will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons start at 7 p.m. and dancing begins at 8 p.m.
• Gethsemane Lutheran Church, 765 Lemay Ferry Road, will offer open prayer sessions from 11 a.m. to noon Fridays, Mondays and Wednesdays.
Saturday, Oct. 14
• Mehlville’s Organization for Mothers’ Support will sponsor its annual Baby Mania Sale featuring 100 vendors from 8 a.m. to noon on the parking lot at Mehlville High School, 3200 Lemay Ferry Road. The event will take place rain or shine. Rental space is available for $40. Email email@example.com for additional information.
• Crestwood Masonic organizations will host a Community Block Party from 1 to 6 p.m. at the corner of Sappingon and Eddie & Park roads. The free event will feature games, food trucks, music and freebies.
• Our Lady of Providence Catholic Church, 8866 Pardee Road, will sponsor a Book Sale featuring books by your favorite authors, children’s books, recipe books and CDs from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. The event is being held in conjunction with Providence Fest.
• St. Matthias the Apostle Catholic Church, 800 Buckley Road, will host a Country-Style Dinner from 4:30 to 7 p.m. featuring a choice of chicken and dumplings or Polish sausage and sauerkraut. The cost is $9 for adults and $5 for children 6 to 12 years old. Children younger than 6 will be admitted free.
• The Crestwood Animal Shelter will sponsor its fifth annual Trivia Night from 7 to 10 p.m. at the Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane. Doors will open at 6 p.m. The cost is $25 for tables of eight for the shelter’s biggest fundraiser of the year. Beer, soda and water will be provided. For reservations, call (314) 623-0412.
• The Open Door Animal Sanctuary will host a Fall Holiday Bazaar from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Kirkwood Community Center, 111 S. Geyer Road. Kirkwood police Officer Adam Evers and K-9 Oscar will offer a demonstration from 10 a.m. to noon. Children and pets can dress in Halloween costumes for photos in a fall scene. Admission is free.
• Assumption Parish, 4725 Mattis Road, will celebrate the 100th anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima with a Public Square Rosary at noon on the rectory lawn. For more information, call (314) 842-1372.
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, will host a flea market from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. The cost is $20 per table. To register, call (314) 615-8820.
Sunday, Oct. 15
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (314) 638-6070.
Monday, Oct. 16
• The St. Louis County Senior Card Club for pinochle and bridge players meets from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Crestwood Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane.
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers open-play basketball from 3 to 5 p.m. weekdays. The cost is $2 per person. For more information, call (314) 615-8822.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 1070 will meet at 6:15 p.m. at St. Anthony’s Medstop Urgent Care, Room A, 2900 Lemay Ferry Road. For more information, call (314) 550-9919.
• Line dancing will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons are offered from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., followed by open dancing until 9:15 p.m.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will sponsor open-play pickleball, including instruction for new players, from 9 a.m. to noon at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary gymnasium, 1414 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• ROC Ministries, 802 Kinswood Lane, will offer “Sewing-N-Faith,” a free gathering from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for crafting, sewing, knitting, crocheting and hand or machine quilting to serve those in need. For more information, call (314) 487-4843.
• Concord Church, 13775 Tesson Ferry Road, will offer a depression/anxiety support group from 6 to 8 p.m. For more information, call (314) 807-5820.
Tuesday, Oct. 17
• County police Officer Chuck Weiman will discuss “Safety About Your Home” at a meeting of the Ladies of Oakland that will take place at 1 p.m. at the historic Oakland House, 7801 Genesta St. The meeting is open to guests. For more information, call (314) 843-6346.
• “GriefShare,” a support group designed to help individuals cope with the death of a loved one, will meet from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Lutheran Church of Webster Gardens, 8749 Watson Road. To register, call (314) 961-5275.
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers open-play pickleball Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. The cost is $2 per person. For more information, call (314) 615-8822.
• Affton Chapter 1015 of Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 10 a.m. in Room 103 of the Salvation Army, 824 Union Road. Weigh-ins begin at 9:10 a.m. For more information, call (314) 845-3046.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 1 p.m. at the Concord Trinity United Methodist Church Library, 5275 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 186 will meet at 9 a.m. in Rooms 3 and 4 on the lower level at Mary, Mother of the Church, 5901 Kerth Road.
• ZumbaGold dance exercises geared to older adults will be offered by the SAJE Senior Ministry from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at St. Elizabeth of Hungary, 1420 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3 per class. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry sponsors chair yoga at 10:30 a.m. at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary cafeteria, 1414 S. Sappington Road. The class offers stretching exercises with a Silver Sneakers benefit. The cost is $3 otherwise. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
Wednesday, Oct. 18
• St. Anthony’s Medical Center staff will offer grip-strength testing, balance testing and spinal and postural screenings during a free Sherbrooke Village event from 10:30 a.m. to noon at 4005 Ripa Ave. The event also will offer a complimentary bagged lunch to go. For reservations, call (800) 5496.
• The Kiwanis Club of South County will meet from noon to 1 p.m. at Frailey’s Southtown Grill, 4329 Butler Hill Road. For more information, call (314) 487-6877.
• The South County Toastmasters will meet at 7 p.m. at the MetLife Building, 13045 Tesson Ferry Road. For more information, visit www.southcountytoastmasters.org.
• The Gravois Kiwanis Club will meet at noon at Sam’s Steakhouse, 10205 Gravois Road. For additional information, call (314) 556-8768.
• The Rotary Club of Crestwood-Sunset Hills will meet at 12:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn-Viking, Lindbergh Boulevard and Watson Road. Visit www.cshrotary.org for additional information.
• A family education and support meeting for family members coping with mental illness of a loved one will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at CenterPointe Hospital South County, 5000 Cedar Plaza Parkway, Suite 380. For additional information, call (314) 842-4463.
Check back to www.callnewspapers.com to view additional calendar items.