Thursday, July 27
• Church of the Reformation Lutheran, 7910 Mackenzie Road, will host an American Red Cross Blood Drive from 3 to 7 p.m. Use the back entrance of the hall. For appointments, email email@example.com.
• The St. Louis Banjo Club will offer a free performance from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Schlafly Bottleworks, 7260 Southwest Ave. For more information, visit www.stlouisbanjoclub.org.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer bingo at 10:30 a.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• Police Officer Chuck Weinman will discuss “Home Safety and Smart Program” during a meeting of the South County Separated, Divorced, Widowed and Remarried Catholics at 7 p.m. at the South Catherine Laboure Parish cafeteria, 9740 Sappington Road. For more information, call (314) 537-5930.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwanis Club will meet from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rich & Charlie’s, 9942 Watson Road. For more information, call (314) 223-5264.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 7:30 p.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (636) 467-7023.
• The Retired Men’s Club of Webster Groves Presbyterian Church will meet to play bridge from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the church, 45 W. Lockwood Ave.
Friday, July 28
• The Crestwood Police Department will host “Hot Pursuit” to benefit the Special Olympics of Missouri from 7 to 11 p.m. at Pole Position Raceway, 8800 Watson Road. Officers will sell tickets for indoor kart racing with proceeds presented to the Special Olympics and Missouri Law Enforcement Torch Run T-shirts with 100 percent of proceeds benefiting Special Olympics.
• A jitterswing dance will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons start at 7 p.m. and dancing begins at 8 p.m.
• Gethsemane Lutheran Church, 765 Lemay Ferry Road, offers open prayer sessions from 11 a.m. to noon Fridays, Mondays and Wednesdays.
Saturday, July 29
• Lunar Levitation will perform a free concert from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on the stage next to the Crestwood Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane. Coolers are welcome; no glass containers. For more information, call (314) 729-4860.
Sunday, July 30
• A Free Concert on the Lawn featuring the St. Louis Big Band will take place at 7 p.m. at Zion United Methodist Church, 1603 Union Road. Food will be available for purchase beginning at 6:30 p.m. In case of rain, the event will take place indoors. Canned goods and nonperishable food items will be collected to “fill the van” for the Affton Christian Food Pantry. For more information, call (314) 631-6504.
• St. Mark Catholic Church will host an open house from 1 to 3 p.m. at its new church at Union Road and Ripa Avenue.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (314) 638-6070.
Monday, July 31
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers open-play basketball from 3 to 5 p.m. weekdays. The cost is $2 per person. For more information, call (314) 615-8822.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 1070 will meet at 6:15 p.m. at St. Anthony’s Medstop Urgent Care, Room A, 2900 Lemay Ferry Road. For more information, call (314) 550-9919.
• Line dancing will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons are offered from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., followed by open dancing until 9:15 p.m.
• ROC Ministries, 802 Kinswood Lane, will offer “Sewing-N-Faith,” a free gathering from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for crafting, sewing, knitting, crocheting and hand or machine quilting to serve those in need. For more information, call (314) 487-4843 on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays.
• Concord Church, 13775 Tesson Ferry Road, will offer a depression/anxiety support group from 6 to 8 p.m. For more information, call (314) 807-5820.
Tuesday, Aug. 1
• The Mehlville Lions Club will meet at 7 p.m. in the downstairs room at Firehouse Bar & Grill, 3500 Lemay Ferry Road. For more information, visit www.mehlvillelionsclub.com.
• Affton Chapter 1015 of Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 10 a.m. in Room 103 of the Salvation Army, 824 Union Road. Weigh-ins begin at 9:10 a.m. For more information, call (314) 845-3046.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 1 p.m. at the Concord Trinity United Methodist Church Library, 5275 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 186 will meet at 9 a.m. in Rooms 3 and 4 on the lower level at Mary, Mother of the Church, 5901 Kerth Road.
Wednesday, Aug. 2
• The Happy Hookers Crochet and Social Club will meet for lunch at 11 a.m. at Firehouse Bar & Grill, 3500 Lemay Ferry Road. For more information, call (314) 894-8022.
• ROC Ministries, 802 Kinswood Lane, will sponsor a free “Kids Night Out” at 7 p.m. for children from kindergarten through sixth grade featuring “wild and crazy games, activities and a fun lesson.” Those attending are asked to bring a beach towel and are asked to call (314) 487-4843 to learn the color their team will wear. Colors are based on age.
• The Kiwanis Club of South County will meet from noon to 1 p.m. at Frailey’s Southtown Grill, 4329 Butler Hill Road. For more information, call (314) 487-6877.
• The South County Toastmasters will meet at 7 p.m. at the MetLife Building, 13045 Tesson Ferry Road. For additional information, visit www.southcountytoastmasters.org.
• The Gravois Kiwanis Club will meet at noon at Sam’s Steakhouse, 10205 Gravois Road. For more information, call (314) 556-8768.
• The Rotary Club of Crestwood-Sunset Hills will meet at 12:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn-Viking, Lindbergh Boulevard and Watson Road. Visit www.cshrotary.org for additional information.
Check back to www.callnewspapers.com to view additional calendar items.