Thursday, Jan. 11
• Carol Splater of Charity Sharity, a worldwide fabric clearing house started in St. Louis in 2001 that recycles tons of fabric to keep it out of landfills, will speak during a lunch-and-learn program sponsored by the SAJE Senior Ministry at 10:45 a.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. Lunch will be served at noon. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwanis Club will meet from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rich & Charlie’s, 9942 Watson Road. For more information, call (314) 223-5264.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 7:30 p.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (636) 467-7023.
Friday, Jan. 12
• St. Matthias the Apostle Catholic Church, 800 Buckley Road, will host a Book Fair today through Sunday. A preview will take place from 4 to 9 p.m. today; the cost is $5. The event will continue with free admission from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. From noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, a bag of books will cost $5. Also on Sunday, tax-exempt organizations with proof of eligibility can receive free books from 4 to 5:30 p.m. For more information, call (314) 544-2162 after 3 p.m.
• A jitterswing dance will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons start at 7 p.m. and dancing begins at 8 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 13
• The Assumption Parish Young Catholics Hanging Together Club will host a Bunco Night for those 21 years old and older in the lower level of the church, 4725 Mattis Road. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. The cost is $5 with the pot split among the winners. Attendees are asked to bring a bottle of wine or snack to share. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Sunday, Jan. 14
• The Gateway Speedskating Club will host the 49th annual Gateway Speedskating Championships from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Kirkwood Recreation Station Ice Arena, 111 S. Geyer Road.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (314) 638-6070.
Monday, Jan. 15
• The St. Louis County Senior Card Club for pinochle and bridge players meets from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Crestwood Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane.
• Line dancing will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons are offered from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., followed by open dancing until 9:15 p.m.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 1070 will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Church of Latter-Day Saints, 4511 Butler Hill Road. Weigh-ins will start at 6 p.m. For more information, call (314) 550-9919.
Tuesday, Jan. 16
• The Mehlville/Oakville Alumni Association will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the association’s office at 2625 Telegraph Road to discuss upcoming events and fundraisers. Alumni and those with children currently in high school are eligible to attend.
• Southminster Presbyterian Church, 10126 E. Watson Road, will host a discussion of modern estate-planning techniques and charitable giving at 6:30 p.m. A pizza dinner will be served, so registration is required; call (314) 843-1133. Attendees are asked to park in the rear of the church and enter through the back doors.
• Affton Chapter 1015 of Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 10 a.m. in Room 103 of the Salvation Army, 824 Union Road. Weigh-ins begin at 9:10 a.m. For more information, call (314) 640-8985.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 1 p.m. at the Concord Trinity United Methodist Church Library, 5275 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 186 will meet at 9 a.m. in Rooms 3 and 4 on the lower level at Mary, Mother of the Church, 5901 Kerth Road.
Wednesday, Jan. 17
• The Kiwanis Club of South County will meet from noon to 1 p.m. at Frailey’s Southtown Grill, 4329 Butler Hill Road. For more information, call (314) 487-6877.
• The South County Toastmasters will meet from 7 to 9 p.m. at the MetLife Building, 13045 Tesson Ferry Road. Guests are welcome; no fee is required. For more information, visit SouthCountyToastmasters.org.
Check back to www.callnewspapers.com to view additional calendar items.