Thursday, June 29
• An Independence Day celebration will begin at 6:30 p.m. at Delmar Gardens South/Garden Villas South, 13457 Tesson Ferry Road. The free event features live music, dancing, games, children’s rides, prizes, a food buffet, desserts and beer and over beverages. The celebration culminates with a fireworks display. For more information, call (314) 843-7788.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will host bingo at 10:30 a.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwanis Club will meet from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rich & Charlie’s, 9942 Watson Road. For more information, call (314) 223-5264.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 7:30 p.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (636) 467-7023.
• The Retired Men’s Club of Webster Groves Presbyterian Church will meet to play bridge from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the church, 45 W. Lockwood Ave. Men of all faiths are welcome. For more information, call (314) 892-5319.
Friday, June 30
• ZumbaGold dance exercises geared to older adults will be offered by the SAJE Senior Ministry from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Elizabeth of Hungary, 1420 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3 per class. For additional information, call (314) 822-4736.
• A jitterswing dance will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons start at 7 p.m. and dancing be-gins at 8 p.m.
• Gethsemane Lutheran Church, 765 Lemay Ferry Road, will offer open prayer sessions from 11 a.m. to noon Fridays, Mondays and Wednesdays.
Saturday, July 1
• The 2017 JB Blast will take place at 7 p.m. at Jefferson Barracks Park, 345 North Road. The event will kick off with County Executive Steve Stenger singing “The Star-Spangled Banner.” The JB Blast also will feature Shades of Blue, the U.S. Air Force Band of Mid-America, concessions for sale and fireworks after dark.
Sunday, July 2
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (314) 638-6070.
Monday, July 3
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers open-play basketball from 3 to 5 p.m. weekdays. The cost is $2 per person. For more information, call (314) 615-8822.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 1070 will meet at 5:45 p.m. at St. Anthony’s Medstop Urgent Care, Room A, 2900 Lemay Ferry Road. For more information, call (314) 550-9919.
• Line dancing will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons are offered from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., followed by open dancing until 9:15 p.m.
• ROC Ministries, 802 Kinswood Lane, will offer “Sewing-N-Faith,” a free gathering from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for crafting, sewing, knitting, crocheting and hand or machine quilting to serve those in need. For more information, call (314) 487-4843.
• Concord Church, 13775 Tesson Ferry Road, will offer a depression/anxiety support group from 6:30 to 8 p.m. For more information, call (314) 807-5820.
Tuesday, July 4
• Independence Day — Regularly scheduled activities are canceled.
• A “Run Against Hunger,” featuring a 5-kilometer run and a 1-mile fun run/walk to benefit the Arnold Food Pantry, will take place at 8 a.m. at Arnold City Park, 1 Bradley Beach Road, Arnold. Visit www.RacesOnline.com to register.
Wednesday, July 5
• The Happy Hookers Crochet and Social Club will meet for lunch at 11 a.m. at Firehouse Bar & Grill, 3500 Lemay Ferry Road. For more information, call (314) 894-8022.
• The Kiwanis Club of South County will meet from noon to 1 p.m. at Frailey’s Southtown Grill, 4329 Butler Hill Road. For more information, call (314) 487-6877.
• The South County Toastmasters will meet at 7 p.m. at the MetLife Building, 13045 Tesson Ferry Road. For additional information, visit www.southcountytoastmasters.org.
• The Gravois Kiwanis Club will meet at noon at Sam’s Steakhouse, 10205 Gravois Road. For more information, call (314) 556-8768.
• The Rotary Club of Crestwood-Sunset Hills will meet at 12:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn-Viking, Lindbergh Boulevard and Watson Road. Visit www.cshrotary.org for more information.
Check back to www.callnewspapers.com to view additional calendar items.