Thursday, Aug. 16
• Join Assumption Parish Mattese for a Night with the Cardinals with Assumption Youth Choir and students as they sing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” on the field for the 7th Inning Stretch at Busch Stadium. Located at 700 Clark Ave., 6:15 p.m. Tickets only $25. For tickets and information, visit: http://www.assumptionstl.org/special-events.
• The University of Missouri Extension Council meets at 6:30 p.m. at 132 E. Monroe St., Kirkwood.
• St.Louis County Cliff Cave Library will host an Arts & Crafts: Star Wars Family Crafting Hour. Join us at 10 a.m. as we watch video shorts while crafting buttons, Ewok stick puppets and R2D2 spinners. All ages. Registration required. 5430 Telegraph Road.
Friday, Aug. 17
• St. Louis County Cliff Cave Library will host Genealogy: Exploring the FindMyPast Database, featuring speaker Mike Bridwell, who will provide an overview of the FindMyPast database, a valuable tool for researching your ancestors from the British Isles at 10:00am. 5430 Telegraph Rd.
• The St. Louis County Grant’s View Library at 9700 Musick Ave. will show a movie matinee of “Chappaquiddick” at 2 p.m. MPAA rating: PG-13.
Saturday, Aug. 18
• Laumeier Sculpture Park hosts the After Dark Series/Under the Stars. Learn about navigation methods of the past used to spot stars, constellations and planets. Listen to “star-lore” and mysteries of our universe while you enjoy the night sky. All ages. 7:30-9:30 p.m. in the Kranzberg Education Lab. $10. Call (314) 6150-5278 or visit www.laumeier.org for more information.
• The Crestwood Chapter Order of Demolay, a boys youth fraternity, will host a BBQ Fundraiser to help raise money for the organization’s centennial anniversary in Kansas City, where they will be representing our area in competition.Noon to 7 p.m., 9078 Sappington Road.
Sunday, Aug. 19
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (314) 638-6070.
Monday, Aug. 20
• The St. Louis County Senior Card Club for pinochle and bridge players meets from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Crestwood Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane.
Tuesday, Aug. 21
•The Ladies of Oakland will host their monthly meeting at 1 p.m. in the Oakland House located at 7801 Genesta in Affton. Joan Komlos, “The Antique Lady,” will be the speaker this month. Bring your “treasures” for appraisal. The meeting is open for guests/visitors and refreshments will be served. Call Lucy Johnson for more information 314-843-6346.
Wednesday, Aug. 22
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer a movie matinee of “The Darkest Hour,” which tells the story of Prime Minister Winston Churchill, who must decide whether to negotiate with Adolf Hitler or fight on at risk to Britain and its empire, at 1 p.m. in the upper level of St. Thomas/Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, 3980 S. Lindbergh Blvd. Light refreshments. No charge.