Thursday, Aug. 9
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer a lunch and learn program at 10:45 a.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will sponsor open-play pickleball, including instruction for new players, from noon to 3 p.m. at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary gymnasium, 1414 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwanis Club will meet from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rich & Charlie’s, 9942 Watson Road.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer cards and games at 1 p.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• The Tesson Ferry Township Republican Club meet at 7 p.m. at Abiding Savior Lutheran Church, 4355 Butler Hill Road. The topic will be the “Clean Missouri” initiative which is expected to be on the November ballot. Candidates for the November election will also be attending. Please park in the back and enter at rear entrance. This is a free event and all are welcome. For more information, call (314) 805-9127.
• SAJE will be hosting its 100th Lunch and Learn at 10:45 a.m. at Advent Episcopal Church, 9373 Garber. The event will feature CHAMPS Assistance Dogs who will share the various areas of assistance and education provided by the animals throughout the community. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
Friday, Aug. 10
• ZumbaGold dance exercises geared to older adults will be offered by the SAJE Senior Ministry from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Elizabeth of Hungary, 1420 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3 per class. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• The Magic House will host Groovin’ in the Garden, a musical extravaganza featuring Tommy Halloran’s Guerrilla Swing Band from 4 to 6:30 p.m. for the cost of museum admission, $11.
• The Cliff Cave Branch of the St. Louis County Library, 5430 Telegraph Road, will be hosting a Teen Summer Ending Party at 6:30 p.m. The event will feature laser tag, virtual reality stations, crafts, activities, raffle prizes and light snacks from Chipotle Mexican Grill.
• FanFare will be performing a free concert in Whitecliff Park, 9245 Whitecliff Lane, from 7 to 9 p.m. under the gazebo located near the tennis courts on the upper lot. If there is inclement weather, the concert will be held in the gym. The Kona Ice Snow Cone Truck will be on site selling snow cones. Don’t forget your blanket and lawn chairs. Coolers are welcome, but leave all glass at home. Call (314) 729-4860 with questions.
Saturday, Aug. 11
• The International Folk Dance Association will sponsor folk dancing from 7:30 to 10:45 p.m. at University United Methodist Church, 6901 Washington Ave.
Sunday, August 12
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building.
• The Meramec-Arnold Elks, 1515 Miller Road, will offer bingo at 5:30 p.m. For more information, call (636) 464-8960.
• The Carondelet Public Library will host story time for children during the intermission of their 30th annual summer concert series.
• Laumeier Sculpture Park, 12580 Rott Road, will be hosting a Free Family Day from 2 to 4 p.m. to encourage observation, imagination, curiosity and creativity. Activities are designed for ages 4 and up to enjoy.
• The St. Louis Astronomical Society and Jefferson College will host a night sky viewing of the Perseid meteor shower, with telescope viewing of the planets Mars, Jupiter and Saturn from 8:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. the following morning on the Jefferson College campus, 1100 Viking Drive. The public is invited to attend, free of charge.
Monday, Aug. 13
• The St. Louis County Senior Card Club for pinochle and bridge players meets from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Crestwood Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane.
• Line dancing will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons are offered from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., followed by open dancing until 9:15 p.m.
• ROC Ministries, 802 Kinswood Lane, will offer “Sewing-N-Faith,” a free gathering from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for crafting, sewing, knitting, crocheting and hand or machine quilting to serve those in need. For more information, call (314) 487-4843 on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays.
• Concord Church, 13775 Tesson Ferry Road, will offer a depression/anxiety support group from 6 to 8 p.m. For more information, call (314) 807-5820.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer free quilting — all abilities — from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
Tuesday, Aug. 14
• St. Anthony’s Medical Center offers new moms the opportunity to meet new friends, share information and experiences and support from 10 to 11:30 a.m. in the Hyland Education and Training Center, 10020 Kennerly Road. Babies are welcome. Registration is required. For more information, call (314) 268-4669.
• Affton Chapter 1015 of Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 10 a.m. in Room 103 of the Salvation Army, 824 Union Road. Weigh-ins begin at 9:10 a.m. New members are welcome. For more information, call (314) 640-8985.
• ZumbaGold dance exercises geared to older adults will be offered by the SAJE Senior Ministry from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at St. Elizabeth of Hungary, 1420 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3 per class. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry sponsors chair yoga at 10:30 a.m. at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary cafeteria, 1414 S. Sappington Road. The class offers stretching exercises with a Silver Sneakers benefit. The cost is $3 otherwise. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
Wednesday, Aug. 15
• The Mehlville/Oakville Alumni Association will sponsor a Bunco Club at 7 p.m. at the Upcycle Treasure Box, 2625 Telegraph Road. The cost is $5 and includes snacks, drinks and prizes.
• The Kiwanis Club of South County will meet from noon to 1 p.m. at Frailey’s Southtown Grill, 4329 Butler Hill Road.
• The Gravois Kiwanis Club will meet at noon at Sam’s Steakhouse, 10205 Gravois Road. For more information, call (314) 556-8768.
• The Rotary Club of Crestwood-Sunset Hills will meet at 12:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn-Viking, Lindbergh Boulevard and Watson Road.
• Laumeier Sculpture Park is hosting its monthly Makers Night. The event will feature the Kranzberg Education Lab for an evening of arts-making for teens and adults at 12580 Rott Road.
• Assumption Parish Mates YACHT club will be hosting a Feast on the Feast Day from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
There will be a picnic on the athletic field featuring three food trucks with dinner options and snow cone truck.
Visit www.callnewspapers.com to view additional calendar items.