Thursday, Aug. 23
• St. Anthony’s Medical Center will sponsor a support group meeting for men who have prostate cancer at 7 p.m. in the fourth-floor conference room at the John K. Pruellage Heart & Vascular Center at the hospital, 10010 Kennerly Road. New members are welcome. For more information, call Ray Kopsky at (314) 918-7622.
• Sarah’s Cake Stop will be at Oakville High School, 5557 Milburn Road, from 6:30-8 p.m. Ten percent of sales will benefit the Oakville Parents Club. Walk-ups are welcome. Note: parking is reserved for parents and staff attending open house.
Friday, Aug. 24
• A jitterswing dance will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons start at 7 p.m. and dancing begins at 8 p.m.
• ZumbaGold dance exercises geared to older adults will be offered by the SAJE Senior Ministry from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Elizabeth of Hungary, 1420 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3 per class. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
Saturday, Aug. 25
• The International Folk Dance Association will sponsor folk dancing from 7:30 to 10:45 p.m. at University United Methodist Church, 6901 Washington Ave. For more information, call (314) 638-4024.
• St. Matthias the Apostle Catholic Church will offer a New Orleans-Style Dinner, 800 Buckley Road. Call Sandy Jacobs at 314-544-2162 after 3 p.m. or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sunday, Aug. 26
• St. Lucas United Church of Christ, 11735 Denny Road, is offering a free Community Meal from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Are you short on food or need a warm meal? Are you a first responder? All are welcome to this family friendly environment. Carryouts are available. For more information, contact the church office at (314) 843-2100 or the St. Lucas website at www.stlucasucc.org
Monday, Aug. 27
• Concord Church, 13775 Tesson Ferry Road, will offer a depression/anxiety support group from 6 to 8 p.m. For more information, call (314) 807-5820.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer free quilting — all abilities — from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Episcopal Church of the Advent, 9373 Garber Road. For more information, call
Tuesday, Aug. 28
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers Senior Cardio/Flex from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Participants are asked to bring a towel and mat. The cost is $5 per person. For more information, call (314) 615-8822.
Wednesday, Aug. 29
Officers from the Crestwood Police Department and community members will come together for Coffee with a Cop in an informal, neutral space to discuss community issues, build relationships and drink coffee provided at no charge. The event goes from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Starbucks, 9590 Watson Road, Crestwood. Please contact Officer Dion Olson with questions: (314) 729-4800 or email@example.com.