Thursday, July 20
• Citizens Against Pornography will meet at 7:30 p.m. at Mary, Mother of the Church, 5901 Kerth Road. For more information, call (314) 892-6451.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will sponsor open-play pickleball, including instruction for new players, from noon to 3 p.m. at the St. Elizabeth of Hungary gymnasium, 1414 S. Sappington Road. The cost is $3. For more information, call (314) 822-4736.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwanis Club will meet from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rich & Charlie’s, 9942 Watson Road. For more information, call (314) 223-5264.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 7:30 p.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (636) 467-7023.
• The Retired Men’s Club of Webster Groves Presbyterian Church will meet to play bridge from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the church, 45 W. Lockwood Ave. Men of all faiths are welcome. For more information, call (314) 892-5319.
Friday, July 21
• A jitterswing dance will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons start at 7 p.m. and dancing begins at 8 p.m.
• Gethsemane Lutheran Church, 765 Lemay Ferry Road, will offer open prayer sessions from 11 a.m. to noon Fridays, Mondays and Wednesdays.
Saturday, July 22
• The Sappington House, 1015 S. Sappington Road, will host an outdoor fair featuring vendors and folkways artisans from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today and Sunday. The event will offer arts and crafts, garden and home décor, jewelry and handmade originals by creative vendors. Old-time demonstrators will be on hand showing such skills as basket weaving, pewter spoon pouring and twining rag rugs. Admission is free with parking across the street at Crestwood Elementary School and to the south off Reco Avenue. In case of inclement weather, the fair will be moved indoors to the Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane. For more information, call (314) 822-8171.
• Noted author and lecturer James M. Beidler will give four talks about “Mining Online German Research” during a presentation sponsored by the St. Louis Genealogical Society from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Orlando Gardens, 2050 Dorsett Road. For more information, call (314) 647-8547.
• The Kirkwood Parks Assistance Corps is seeking volunteers from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. to remove invasive bush honeysuckle from Kirkwood Park, 111 S. Geyer Road. Preregistration is requested by Friday, July 21, to ensure plenty of refreshments and hand tools for everyone. To register, call (314) 984-5993.
Sunday, July 23
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at 9907 Gravois Road, Suite E. Enter at the rear of the building. For more information, call (314) 638-6070.
• St. Lucas United Church of Christ, 11735 Denny Road, will host a Free Community Dinner from 5 to 6:30 p.m. The church plans to host the free dinner the fourth Sunday of each month. Carry-outs are available.
Monday, July 24
• Assumption Parish will sponsor an “All Aboard for a Saints Adventure” Vacation Bible School from 9 to 11:30 a.m. beginning today and continuing through Thursday at the Parish School, 4709 Mattis Road. The free event is open to children in preschool through third grade. To register, visit www.assumptionstl.org.
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers open-play basketball from 3 to 5 p.m. weekdays. The cost is $2 per person. For more information, call (314) 615-8822.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 1070 will meet at 6:15 p.m. at St. Anthony’s Medstop Urgent Care, Room A, 2900 Lemay Ferry Road. For more information, call (314) 550-9919.
• Line dancing will be offered at the Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. Lessons are offered from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., followed by open dancing until 9:15 p.m.
• Concord Church, 13775 Tesson Ferry Road, will offer a depression/anxiety support group from 6:30 to 8 p.m. For more information, call (314) 807-5820.
Tuesday, July 25
• The Affton White-Rodgers Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, offers open-play pickleball Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. The cost is $2 per person. For more information, call (314) 615-8822.
• Affton Chapter 1015 of Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 10 a.m. in Room 103 of the Salvation Army, 824 Union Road. Weigh-ins begin at 9:10 a.m. For more information, call (314) 845-3046.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 1 p.m. at the Concord Trinity United Methodist Church Library, 5275 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 186 will meet at 9 a.m. in Rooms 3 and 4 on the lower level at Mary, Mother of the Church, 5901 Kerth Road.
Wednesday, July 26
• Garden Villas South, 13457 Tesson Ferry Road, will offer a Healthy Living Speaker Series featuring Washington University physicians at 10:30 a.m. A breakfast bar will open at 9:45 a.m. Today’s topic will be “Maximizing Your Memory.” To register, call (314) 843-7788.
• Nick Fry, curator of the railroad collection at Mercantile Library, will discuss “The Missouri Pacific Railroad in St. Louis County” during a meeting of the Sappington-Concord Historical Society at 7 p.m. in the social hall at St. Lucas United Church of Christ, 11735 Denny Road. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit www.schs.ws.
• ROC Ministries, 802 Kinswood Lane, will sponsor a free “Kids Night Out” at 7 p.m. for children from kindergarten through sixth grade featuring “wild and crazy games, activities and a fun lesson.” Those attending are asked to bring a beach towel and are asked to call (314) 487-4843 to learn the color their team will wear. Colors are based on age.
• Members of the Gravois and Jefferson Township Republican Clubs will continue to discuss a potential city-county merger and refine an action plan for citizens to respond to it at 7:30 p.m. at the Crestwood Government Center, 1 Detjen Drive.
• The SAJE Senior Ministry will offer a movie matinee, “The Philadelphia Story,” at 1 p.m. in the lower level of St. Thomas/Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, 3890 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
• The Kiwanis Club of South County will meet from noon to 1 p.m. at Frailey’s Southtown Grill, 4329 Butler Hill Road. For more information, call (314) 487-6877.
• The South County Toastmasters will meet at 7 p.m. at the MetLife Building, 13045 Tesson Ferry Road. For additional information, visit www.southcountytoastmasters.org.
• The Gravois Kiwanis Club will meet at noon at Sam’s Steakhouse, 10205 Gravois Road. For more information, call (314) 556-8768.
• The Rotary Club of Crestwood-Sunset Hills will meet at 12:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn-Viking, Lindbergh Boulevard and Watson Road. Visit www.cshrotary.org for more information.
• A family education and support meeting for family members coping with mental illness of a loved one will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at CenterPointe Hospital South County, 5000 Cedar Plaza Parkway, Suite 380. For more information, call (314) 842-4463.
• Registration is underway for a reunion of members and staff of the former Country Hill Swim and Tennis Club that will take place from 6 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday, July 29, at the Indian Hills Swim Club, 4210 Lasata Drive. The cost is $10 cash at the door. All ages are welcome with children 2 years old and younger admitted free. Coolers are welcome; no glass allowed. Reservations are required; call (314) 691-3661.
Check back to www.callnewspapers.com to view additional calendar items.