The Rate Commission of the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District is reviewing MSD’s latest proposal for a rate increase.
The sewer district says that its 2018 stormwater capital rate proposal will address localized flooding and erosion problems. The annual charge is expected to be about $27 per year or $2.25 per month for the average single-family homeowner.
The commission is holding public hearings in May and June to present information to the public on the proposed rate hike. A meeting was held last week at the Sunset Hills Community Center, and future public hearings will be held at the following places:
• 6 p.m. Thursday, May 17 – Manchester Parks, Recreation and Arts Center, 359 Old Meramec Station Road, Ballwin.
• 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 22 – Maryland Heights Community Center, 2300 McKelvey Road, Maryland Heights.
• 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 30 – A live-streaming meeting will be held and accessible online at www.ustream.tv/channel/NwgvA8RkuDN or on the Rate Commission’s Facebook page at MSD Rate Commission or @RateCommission on Twitter.
• 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 6 – Forest Park Visitor Center, 5595 Grand Drive in Forest Park.
• To be determined, MSD headquarters, 2350 Market Street.
Look for full coverage in a future Call.