Taking care of a loved one can be rewarding, but overwhelming.
These five must-know professionals, according to a news release, can make your caregiving life easier:
1. Geriatric Care Manager. This professional can navigate and negotiate your maze of caregiving options. To find one, visit www.caremanager.org or call (520) 881-8008.
2. Hospital Patient Advocate. This free liaison in every hospital improves communication between families and staff and looks into concerns you have about your loved one’s care.
3. Senior Move Manager. This pro manages with sensitivity every aspect of a loved one’s move. To find one, visit www.nasmm.com.
4. Geriatrician. This physician specializes in care for mature adults, often coordinating medical and psychological care. To locate one, go to www.wellness.com.
5. Elder Law Attorney. This specialist focuses on legal decisions impacting older adults. To locate one, call (800) 397-3743 or go to www.lawinfo.com.
Another source for legal assistance is the National Elder Law Foundation. Visit the foundation online at www.nelf.org or call (520) 881-1076.
Also, don’t forget willing friends and community volunteers who may be found through houses of worship, schools and local service groups, according to the re-lease.
For helpful tips on family caregiving, go to www.caringtoday.com.