South St. Louis County News

St. Louis Call Newspapers

The dedication of the Stieren playground in Sunset Hills in 2018.

As winter looms, playground COVID-19 cleaning will continue indefinitely

November 5, 2020

With winter approaching, Crestwood said it will adjust its St. Louis County-mandated playground cleaning to match the weather. The city’s playgrounds opened in mid-August after being officially closed...

Voters line up to vote in the 2020 general election at Rogers Elementary in Oakville in November 2020.

Sunset Hills police investigate alleged voter intimidation on Election Day

November 5, 2020

The Sunset Hills Police Department investigated an alleged case of voter intimidation on Election Day after a voter waiting to vote reported feeling intimidated by an enthusiastic supporter of President...

The Missouri State Capitol building in Jefferson City.

Missouri lawmakers return with $1.3 billion COVID package on agenda

By Rudi Keller, Missouri Independent November 5, 2020

The Missouri General Assembly is being asked to prepare for the possible return of unspent CARES Act funds held by counties and add almost $19 million to money available to prevent homelessness in the...

Voters repeal Clean Missouri redistricting plan they enacted in 2018

Voters repeal Clean Missouri redistricting plan they enacted in 2018

By Rudi Keller, Missouri Independent November 5, 2020

Missouri voters on Tuesday repealed a constitutional amendment they enacted in 2018 that would have required legislative districts be drawn to ensure partisan fairness. They replaced it with one that...

Attorney General Eric Schmitt speaks during an Oct. 27, 2020, campaign stop in Columbia. (Rudi Keller/Missouri Independent)

Eric Schmitt defeats Rich Finneran in Missouri attorney general race

By Rebecca Rivas, Missouri Independent November 4, 2020

Attorney General Eric Schmitt secured his position as the state’s top legal officer for four years on Tuesday night, defeating his Democratic challenger Rich Finneran.  With around half of precincts...

President Donald Trump is shown in July 2020 at his first White House coronavirus briefing in months.

Missouri voters choose Donald Trump over Joe Biden

By Jason Hancock, Missouri Independent November 4, 2020

President Donald Trump once again easily picked up Missouri’s 10 electoral votes on Tuesday, cruising to victory over former Vice President Joe Biden in the Show-Me State. Nationally, the race has not...

Gov. Mike Parson enters the stage, passing State Auditor Nicole Galloway before the Missouri gubernatorial debate at the Missouri Theatre in Columbia on Friday, Oct. 9, 2020 (Robert Cohen for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch)

Video: Watch the only debate between candidates for Missouri governor

October 30, 2020

The Missouri Press Association/KOMU-8 2020 Gubernatorial Forum took place Friday, Oct. 9, at the Missouri Theatre. The forum was broadcast and livestreamed across Missouri and nationally on CSPAN. The...

Why Isn’t My Weekly Newspaper in My Mailbox?

Why Isn’t My Weekly Newspaper in My Mailbox?

By Deborah Baker, Publisher October 30, 2020

I walk out to the mailbox looking for the Call’s weekly mailed edition. As publisher, I know the pandemic has forced a reduced mailing schedule, but habit has made me forget it’s a partial mail week...

Woman wins $100,000 lottery prize at Sunset Hills Petro Mart

Woman wins $100,000 lottery prize at Sunset Hills Petro Mart

October 29, 2020

Mary Anne Gadell of St. Louis won a $100,000 top prize on a Missouri Lottery “Heaps of 500s” Scratchers ticket. Gadell purchased the winning ticket at Petro Mart, 1430 S. Kirkwood, in Sunset Hills. All...

Load More Stories