St. Louis Call Newspapers

South St. Louis County News

South St. Louis County News

Donald and Ruth Proehl celebrate 71 years of marriage

Donald and Ruth Proehl celebrate 71 years of marriage

January 30, 2021

Donald and Ruth Proehl celebrated their 71st wedding anniversary June 18. Donald and the former Ruth Schaefer were married at St. Stephen Protomartyr Church in St. Louis June 18, 1949 by the Rev. Schmelz. They...

Mercy Hospital South Chief Medical Officer Dr. Aamina Akhtar displays a COVID-19 vaccination card, which states where and when an individual received the COVID-19 vaccine. The Pfizer vaccine requires two doses administered roughly three weeks apart.

Page starts ‘North County Outreach Group’ to promote COVID-19 vaccine

January 29, 2021

St. Louis County Executive Sam Page announced Friday he has tapped nearly 20 community leaders with deep roots in north St. Louis County to help increase vaccine registration and work with the county Department...

Wellen, Palazzolo married in Highland, Illinois vows

Wellen, Palazzolo married in Highland, Illinois vows

January 29, 2021

Leah Marie Wellen and Salvatore “Sam” Joseph Palazzolo were married Dec. 19, 2020 at St. Paul Church in Highland, Illinois. The bride is the daughter of Lee and the late Lucy Wellen of Highland. The...

Mehlville students look to the future with what to learn, how to be

Mehlville students look to the future with what to learn, how to be

January 29, 2021

Hagemann Elementary fourth-grade students offer these New Year’s resolutions. Almir — My resolution is going outside and exploring the world more.     Noah — My resolution is to do more around...

Lindbergh students excited for opportunities the New Year brings

Lindbergh students excited for opportunities the New Year brings

January 29, 2021

Students from Kennerly Elementary offer these New Year’s resolutions. Olivia — My New Year’s Resolution is to convince my parents to get me a dog. Lydia — My New Year’s Resolution is to help...

A new year is the time to create your legacy

A new year is the time to create your legacy

By Carl Hendrickson, For the Call January 29, 2021

Alfred Nobel, the inventor of dynamite, was reading the newspaper after his brother died and was shocked by the obituary: The story was mistakenly about Nobel himself and read, “The merchant of death...

Public Service Commission holds final public hearing on Missouri American Water rate hike

Public Service Commission holds final public hearing on Missouri American Water rate hike

January 28, 2021

The Missouri Public Service Commission will hold the last in a series of virtual local public hearings Friday to gather customer comment in water and sewer rate cases filed by Missouri American Water. The...

Retiring Chief Ron Compton, far left second row, thanks the city and his family.

Crestwood Chief Ron Compton retires

By Erin Achenbach, Staff Reporter January 27, 2021

The city of Crestwood said farewell to former Police Chief Ron Compton, who retired Oct. 14 after more than three decades of service with the Crestwood Police Department. “Chief, your legacy of professionalism...

Smith, Chandler married in ceremony at Pacific chateau

Smith, Chandler married in ceremony at Pacific chateau

January 27, 2021

Hannah Smith, 23, and Colin M. Chandler, 26, were married Dec. 30, 2020 at Silver Oaks Chateau in Pacific by Mr. John Wehrenberg. The bride is the daughter of Norm and Cordie Smith of St. Louis. The groom...

Snow causing traffic issues in South County; part of Watson Road shut down

Snow causing traffic issues in South County; part of Watson Road shut down

January 27, 2021

The Crestwood Police Department has shut down a section of Watson Road due to problems with traffic in the snow, and is asking members of the public to avoid Watson between Sappington and Rock Hill roads...

Load More Stories