St. Louis Call Newspapers

South St. Louis County News

South St. Louis County News

Charlie and Marilyn Hoessle

Charlie and Marilyn Hoessle celebrate 70th anniversary

February 5, 2022

Charlie and Marilyn Hoessle celebrated their 70th anniversary Jan. 5.  The couple met at Cleveland High School and attended Harris Teachers College.  After serving two years in the Army, Charlie...

‘Crafternoons’ at the library

‘Crafternoons’ at the library

February 4, 2022

At Lindbergh High School, lunchtime has become “Crafternoon” in the library. One or two times a month, students can spend lunch working on a craft. Crafting activities have ranged from cookie decorating...

Al and Florence Stalley celebrate 70 years of marriage

Al and Florence Stalley celebrate 70 years of marriage

February 4, 2022

Al and Florence Stalley of Forest Haven in Affton celebrated their 70th anniversary this month with a luncheon at their daughters’ home.  Al and the former Florence Kausch were married Jan. 19, 1952...

Lucia Marie

Palazzolo family welcomes daughter, Lucia Marie

February 3, 2022

Sam and Leah Palazzolo of Kirkwood are pleased to announce the birth of their first child, a girl, named Lucia Marie. The baby was 20.5 inches long and weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces, and was born Jan....

Morning coffee with a splash of learning

Morning coffee with a splash of learning

February 2, 2022

While most people need their coffee for a morning energy boost, students at Long Elementary and Dressel Elementary are using coffee to learn essential life skills. Long Elementary has the ‘Kindness Cart’...

A poster for Delivering Hope

Mehlville screening documentary by ‘88 OHS grad

February 1, 2022

The Mehlville School District is hosting its third Portrait of a Graduate Speaker Series, a special screening of the film “Delivering Hope” Wednesday, Feb. 16, at Nottelmann Auditorium, 3200 Lemay...

You’re never too old to set new goals

You’re never too old to set new goals

By For the Call February 1, 2022

Last month I had lunch with my friends Tom and Judy. Tom asked me what plans I had for my upcoming birthday. As a reader of the Call, Tom knew that I had written a column about skydiving on my 70th birthday....

South County Kiwanis honors outstanding students from Green Park Lutheran and St. Margaret Mary

South County Kiwanis honors outstanding students from Green Park Lutheran and St. Margaret Mary

February 1, 2022

The Kiwanis Club of South County - St. Louis recently honored Sarah Bussen of Green Park Lutheran School and Joe Murphy of St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Catholic School as its “Outstanding Students.”...

New donut shop headed to Sunset Hills

New donut shop headed to Sunset Hills

By Lucas Irizarry, Staff Reporter January 30, 2022

The Sunset Hills Board of Aldermen unanimously approved a conditional use permit Nov. 9 for operation of a new donut shop at 3751 S. Lindbergh Blvd. The new store, called Donut Palace will share the...

New Year’s Resolutions: Students offer these 2022 goals

January 29, 2022

Students from MOSAIC, Beasley, Blades, Forder, Wohlwend, Hagemann, Point and Oakville Elementary Schools in the Mehlville School District share these resolutions for the new year. Ja’Haven — My...

Load More Stories