St. Louis Call Newspapers

Ten Scouts in Boy Scout Troop 580 earn Eagle rank in 2017

Ten Scouts in Boy Scout Troop 580 earn Eagle rank in 2017

December 24, 2017

Ten young men from Long Elementary School Boy Troop 580 earned the rank of Eagle Scout in one year. Back row, from left, are: Kevin Carpenter, Evan Knobbe, Adam Mertens and Erik Swenson. Front row, from left, are: Blake Burrus, Garrett Greeno, Jonny Stadter and George Tsichlis. Not pictured are Austin Haw...

Mehlville School District students can’t wait to see Santa Claus this year

Mehlville School District students can’t wait to see Santa Claus this year

December 23, 2017

Hagemann Elementary School students tell Santa what they want for Christmas. From Jophy: I am looking forward to your visit. I would like many things for Christmas. I want a Minecraft Story Mode 2, as well as I want a pet dog. Finally, I want a pet fish. I have been a good girl this year so I th...

Dance students to perform in ‘Nutcracker’

Dance students to perform in ‘Nutcracker’

December 22, 2017

DeNoyer Dance students will perform in the Moscow Ballet’s ‘Great Russian Nutcracker’ at 3 and 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 23, at the Fabulous Fox Theatre, 527 N. Grand Blvd. The students, from left, are: Kassidy Schmitz, Olivia Raebel, Natalie Barbeau, Myra Ariola, Zoey Stark, Maddison Govero, Rachel...

Crestwood mayor, aldermen honor longtime citizen with proclamation

Crestwood mayor, aldermen honor longtime citizen with proclamation

December 21, 2017

Crestwood Board of Aldermen President Justin Charboneau, left, congratulates longtime resident Robert Deutschmann on receiving a proclamation recognizing his contributions to the city over the past 58 years. Mike Anthony photo Crestwood Mayor Gregg Roby and the Board of Aldermen last week honored ...

Decorating contest winners display their holiday spirit

Decorating contest winners display their holiday spirit

December 19, 2017

Winners of the annual Outdoor Holiday Home Decorating Contest sponsored by Coldwell Banker Gundaker in Oakville, Handyman True Value Hardware in Oakville and Call Newspapers collected their prizes last week. Pictured, from left, are: Charlie Warden, assistant manager of Handyman Hardware; Jeff Webb...

Mehlville Garden Club marks 60th anniversary

Mehlville Garden Club marks 60th anniversary

December 16, 2017

To commemorate the 60th anniversary of the Mehlville Garden Club, a tree was planted and dedicated by Pastor Bill Simmons at Christ Memorial Lutheran Church. The serviceberry tree was donated by Forest ReLeaf. The Mehlville Garden Club has been named Garden Club of the Year by the East Central District...

UPDATED: Crestwood board OKs $5,000 pay hike for Simpson

Crestwood City Hall

December 15, 2017

The Crestwood Board of Aldermen voted 7-0 Tuesday night to adopt an ordinance approving a $5,000 salary increase for City Administrator Kris Simpson. Ward 2 Alderman Mary Stadter was absent. The ordinance was adopted with no discussion as part of the board’s consent agenda, along with several o...

Wedding vows exchanged by Slinger, Franks

Wedding vows exchanged by Slinger, Franks

December 12, 2017

Tiffany Slinger, daughter of Chuck and Terri Mier and Vince and Toni Slinger, and Nathan Franks, son of Christy Hunt, were married Sept. 23. The ceremony was performed by Lisa Marie Pini. The ceremony and reception took place at Andre’s South. The bride chose Lindsay Abernathy as her maid of honor....

Dave and Kathleen Ziegler mark golden wedding anniversary

Dave and Kathleen Ziegler mark golden wedding anniversary

December 11, 2017

Dave and Kathleen Ziegler celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Nov. 17 with a blessing at Mary, Mother of the Church and dinner at Carmine’s Steak House. Mr. Ziegler and the former Kathleen Cullen were married Nov. 17, 1967, during a candlelight evening Mass at Resurrection of Our Lord Cat...

Ron and Cheryl Lammlein celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary

Ron and Cheryl Lammlein celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary

December 9, 2017

Ron and Cheryl Lammlein of Imperial celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with family members at an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. They renewed their vows on the beach in an open chapel. Mr. Lammlein and the former Cheryl Faust were married April 8, 1967. Mr. Lammlein is retired from Schnu...

South St. Louis County News
Community