Light Monte Cristo Sandwich
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons milk
2 slices white bread
1 slice turkey
3-4 thin slices ham luncheon meat
1 slice Swiss cheese
¼ cup preserves, raspberry or strawberry
1. Heat butter in skillet over medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, beat the egg. Stir in milk. Dip slices of bread into egg mixture to soak.
3. Fry bread slices in skillet on each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side. Remove from skillet.
4. Assemble sandwich. Spread mayonnaise on one side of each piece of fried bread. Top one piece of bread, mayonnaise-side up, with turkey, ham, and Swiss cheese. Add the second slice of bread to the top of the sandwich with the mayonnaise-side down.
5. Heat the sandwich in a microwave until cheese melts.
6. Dust sandwich with powdered sugar.
7. Serve with a small bowl of preserves for dipping.
Serving size: 1 sandwich